So. Cal. Rv Parks For Jan & Feb 2012

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by pdq, Aug 2, 2011.

1. pdq

pdq
    Expand Collapse

Hi

We are planning on spending January and February 2012 in Southern California. Looking for RV Park recommendations. We are two adults, two small dogs in a 36 foot motorhome, with tow.

Feb 2011 - we spent time in LA area. Really liked Golden Shores RV Park as it was well suited for us (why: it is small, quiet, clean, right on the water).

For 2012, interested in spending one month in San Diego area and one month in LA area. We use www.rvparksreview A LOT (best resource out there that we have found so far) - but interested in comments/experiences of the folks here.

thanks everyone!
    regards, pdq

2. Cape Codger

Cape Codger
    Expand Collapse

B) We have spent the last four winters in southern CA.
    Our favorite place if you must be near LA and Disneyland is Orange land in Orange. We really love that place. Nothing like getting up in the morning stepping out your door and picking oranges, tangerines or grapefruit for breakfast.
    Our next favorite (we stay here several months each year) is FOY Fountain of Youth in Niland. This is a 55+ park that just goes around the clock. Spas and pools are out of this world. If you get bored here it is your fault. The rates are the best of all the snowbird places we stay at and elec. is included, no hidden fees. Drawback is you are three hours to SD or LA.

3. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

Santee Lakes is about everyones favorite in this area. I agree. I have also stayed at the Chula Vista RV resort. Very nice, on the bay. I have had friends stay at campland by the bay and liked it. I suggest you read the reviews in this web site before you book. Pio Pico in Jamul is a very nice Thousand Trails place. I think you can book space even without a membership. Oak Creek in El Cajon is quite a nice park.

There is a county park with hook ups at Lake Jennings. There is a State Park called Silver Strand which is on the water, but is a parking lot. South Carlsbad is a State Park. Right on the water. No hookups. The State park at San Clemente does have hookups and is very close to the beach.

San Diego is VERY expensive real estate and hence the reason for few RV parks.

4. pdq

pdq
    Expand Collapse

thanks everyone!
    pdq