Gettysburg

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Dixiefire53, May 7, 2012.

1. Dixiefire53

Dixiefire53
    Expand Collapse

I need advise on the campgrounds around Gettysburg. I have been looking at the campground reviews around and in Gettysburg, PA and can't decide on a campground. We will be staying a week and a half in mid September. I have two children and we like a little woodsy feel to a campground. A bathhouse is a must, we will be travailing in a pop-up. I would hate to drive 1,100 miles to be disappointed in my choice. Thanks!

2. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Artillery Ridge a few years ago and enjoyed it. I don't know if I'd define it as "woodsy", but the campsites on the outer edges were next to the woods. Also, if you like horses, it is pretty cool to walk around the corrals and stables.

3. acenorm

acenorm
    Expand Collapse

We have a pop up and usually stay at Battlefield/Gettysburg KOA and it is very woodsy with clean bathouses, nice playground etc. Their prices are getting high though and this year we are going to try Gettysburg Campground. If it wasn't for the price, we would be back there this year.

Best Regards,
    Norm

4. JBH

JBH
    Expand Collapse

I would love to spend a week and a half in that area, enjoy the trip!

5. MATurner

MATurner
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Gettysburg Campground and truly enjoyed it. I didn't use their bath houses, but the owners work hard to make sure you're happy. Check out their website and the reviews. We had a campfire every night, and it was quite woodsy in the area where we were parked. We were there last October, and it was beautiful that time of year. Hope you have a great trip.

6. Dixiefire53

Dixiefire53
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the information! We have made our reservations at the Gettysburg Campground. Can't wait!

7. grim509

grim509
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Gifford Pinchot State park. It's nice and woodsy, has a lake, and a good amount of hiking trails. Bathhouses were close to all sites. And it's nice and cheap, too!

8. HelenH

HelenH
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Dixiefire53 @ May 13 2012, 10:18 AM) [snapback]29515[/snapback]

Thanks for the information! We have made our reservations at the Gettysburg Campground. Can't wait!

We live just around the corner from Gettysburg Campground. In my opinion it is the best campground in Gettysburg. You've made a great choice. Try to get a site on the creek. The kids will love it!

9. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Be careful. They signs and markers are all incorrect. They have the Yankees winning everything. How they get away with that, I'll never know.