Virginia Beach - Outdoor Resorts Or Holiday Trav-l Park?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ontariogirl, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ontariogirl

ontariogirl
    Expand Collapse

any recommendations - I don't know which one to go with! Two kids and a dog - for July. Thanks for any advice!

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

How about First Landing State Park?

Mike

3. mlb

mlb
    Expand Collapse

Outdoor Resorts is located in Sandbridge Beach (south of downtown VA Beach) and is one block off the ocean. It is surrounded by Back Bay - all paved sites and a beautiful park. Sandbridge is a sleepy beach town with very little commercial development.

Holiday Trav-L-Park is in Virginia Beach. Their Super Sites are paved, beautifully landscaped and large. This section has a private pool and is adjacent to the pavilion. The park has a free shuttle to downtown and the park has a parking lot downtown about one block off the beach if you want to drive yourself.

Both parks are superb and fill quickly in the summer. If you choose one, you need to make reservations soon.

4. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

I went thru Holiday Trav-l-park last year. I had 4 grands with me. It was a good location to get around VA beach. It is super crowded though in the summer.

5. villui

villui
    Expand Collapse

We enjoyed the Holiday park. Bathrooms were renovated and very well maintained.

QUOTE(John S. @ Feb 12 2014, 03:20 PM) [snapback]35717[/snapback]

I went thru Holiday Trav-l-park last year. I had 4 grands with me. It was a good location to get around VA beach. It is super crowded though in the summer.

6. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Outdoors Resorts although very nice is more of a permanent site campground. You own your site and either rent it out or keep your RV there full time. It is one of the nicest privately owned site camp resorts we have ever stayed in. We stayed on site #47 and it was a gorgeous site with a large "lawn" and a double concrete parking pad. All permanent trailers have under belly skirting and no obvious signs of "junk". It's a beautiful campground but well off the beaten path.

Virginia Beach Holiday Travel Park is very nice, especially their super sites. We stayed on site #830 which was at the end of the row and was huge. Be aware it is smack in the middle of the flight pattern at NAS Oceana. Flight activity is on going throughout the day.

Also, wi-fi is Tengonet and is/was $4.50 per day.

#6 Holiday Rambling, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015