New to rv life

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Mt92, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Mt92

Mt92
    Expand Collapse

Hi my name in matt. My wife and I bought our first rv its a 1993 Dutchman class c. I can't remember how many hours of research we put into our decision to get the class c over everything else. I think it came down to comfort on the road and its on a Chevy truck chassis. Our first brake in time was pushed fast and dirty due to the end of the year and our deadline for our trip south. What can you learn in a month with short trips here and there? Our first issue was tire pressure being used to standard tires I wasn't used to 110 psi. Another issue was the swaybar rubbers were gone all of them. I replaced the front tires. We packed what we thought we needed and head south.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Matt,
    I'm not as familiar with the class c, but if you run into problems with your rv don't be shy about asking help from your camping neighbors, most Rvers love to help! Also usually the larger destination type campgrounds have camp stores stocked with all the basics regarding parts/fittings for most Rv's.

Don't forget to post reviews on your camping adventures... we all benefit from the sum of everyone's contributions. ( don't forget RVPR policy is you need to submit 2 reviews before they will be posted online.)

Happy camping and safe travels. :cool:

Mike

dalsgal likes this.
  3. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

So Matt, what is the update? How is it going with your Dutchman?