I'm already there. Why do I need to reserve?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Rudy and Dan, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Rudy and Dan

Rudy and Dan
    Expand Collapse

I'm just hoping someone can enlighten me. We arrived at a state park last night. One section was non reservable, but didn't appeal to us so we found a nice "reservable" spot off in a corner. The little green sign said available for one night only. I took it to mean it could possibly be reserved for the next day. Okay, fine. If that's the case we'll move the next day. Well, the next day came and no new reservation on our site so we think we're good for another day, right? Wrong. Whether the Site is reserved or not, we have to move.
    We were told we'd have to go on the Internet and reserve the site and, of course, pay the reservation fee.
    I don't get it. We're right there and no one else is, but we can't stay. Is it becoming like this in all state parks?

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Just as some states pass the Reserve America reservation fee on to the users while others don't, each state sets their own rules so there's no solid "yes/no" answer to your question.

3. franklyn4

franklyn4
    Expand Collapse

What he said. I experienced the same thing before and it was somewhat frustrating.

4. Rudy and Dan

Rudy and Dan
    Expand Collapse

Yes. It is frustrating. I can understand paying a reservation fee when I want the security of reserving a Site in advance, but there's something that's just not right about paying a fee to reserve a Site that is available right there in front of me. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.