Enter the RVPR Photo Contest - Prizes!

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We're having a contest!

For the past few months it's been possible to submit photos of RV Parks and they have been an awesome asset for folks who are choosing their next adventure. This year as camping season approaches RV Park Reviews will be running a photo contest with prizes for a couple of lucky winners. We hope to see many new photos of great camping destinations.

How to enter: Submit photographs and image information online through our website at www.campgroundreviews.com. Photos may be submitted with a park review or by clicking on the "Upload photo" link on any park page. Photos can be taken with a camera or mobile device and are easy to load to the site. If you use the RVPR mobile app you can snap pics with your device and load them within the app. You can also upload via a standard browser.

Photos must be submitted in .jpeg or .png format, be at least 700 pixels wide and no larger than 5 MB. You must complete the photo information block (description of photo) with each photo submitted. We do not accept photographs submitted through the mail.

2 winners! Each month the community will vote to choose a winner from a selection of finalists. We will post a poll of these finalist images to be voted on by the rving community. There will also be a prize awarded just for entering. Each time you submit a photo, you are entered into the drawing. This winner will be selected via a random drawing. Winners will receive a $50.00 Amazon gift card. The March contest begins in a day so grab your gear and start shooting - we want to see your pics.

Who may enter - any registered member of RV Park Reviews

Contest term: March 1st - 31st, 2017. Images submitted and publicly available within the contest period are entered into the contest.

Judging: Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality and portrayal of the associated park listing. Winners will be notified of their status via e-mail and by public announcements on the website. Decisions of RV Park Reviews are final and binding.

Prizes: 2 prizes will be awarded as follows: gift cards in the amount of $50.00

The fine print: Images are screened prior to public display. Images submitted and publicly available within the contest period are entered into the contest. Photos should meet site guidelines for content and reflect typical camper experience (what the facility looks like, what sites are like, property amenities, scenic views that can be seen from the park, etc). Images may not contain commercial content and should be appropriate for all ages. You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us an irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable and worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and sell and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology without compensation to you.

soney40 likes this.
  2. k9amz

k9amz
    Expand Collapse

I could agree to licensing terms like so: "... by entering the contest you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us a[[n irrevocable,]] royalty-free, [[transferable and worldwide]] right and license to use, [[copy, modify, adapt,]] and publish, [[translate, create derivative works from and sell and distribute]] such materials [[or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology]] with attribution, and without compensation [[to you]]. (Note: text between "[[" and "]]" STRICKEN...)

As written you are usurping too many of the creator's rights. Nobody should agree to such licensing terms.

3. Andy R

Andy R
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

k9amz,

Thanks for your feedback. Those terms were just taken from our Terms of Service. Our TOS are very common for interactive services where the poster keeps the ownership of the content they submit but grant the interactive service the right to use the content.

Regards,

Andy

4. GypsiesAtHeart2016

GypsiesAtHeart2016
    Expand Collapse

I also feel too many photo rights are being taken. The TOS consequences for a submitted park review is largely different for a submitted photograph. I wouldn't mind allowing a photos use for promotion of the contest or future contests or other uses to promote park reviews or this website, but giving the right to copy and make derivative works to sell is too much. Chances are it would never happen, but the chance still exists.

Sorry, I'm out.

5. Oakman

Oakman
    Expand Collapse

I thought I'd give it a shot and went ahead and uploaded a picture.

6. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Where is the "upload photo" link on any park page. I went to a park page and didn't see any button or link. Is it because I'm on an Android smart phone? I'm not using the app.

Thanks,
    Chris.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Several members have asked where the Upload Photo link is. I do not know if it will look different on your smartphone or with the app, but here is what you should see with a laptop. There are two places that you should see the link on the park's listing. Hope this helps.

Photo Upload.PNG

Upload Photos 2.PNG

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Also concerning the main laptop web site, noticed that you need to be sighed in on the main page/submit review. not the forum page.

Mike

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are correct that you do need an RVPR membership account and you need to be logged in in order to submit photos. (My screen shot just did not go wide enough to the right to show that I was logged in.) However, I am a little confused when you say that you need to be signed in on the main page/submit review, not the forum page. Are you saying you have to log in again to access different parts of the site?

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Correct

As I write this post now I am unable to either submit a review or see the two upload photos links with out logging in on the main page.

I also have to log out twice on both the forum & main page.

Maybe you have a higher access level that allows you one log off/log in?

Mike

11. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

For me, the "upload photos " button issue is due to using a small device. When I looked at the same page on my PC, it showed up.

Just fyi,
    Chris G.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

mdcamping,

Yes, I have an admin log in, but members are not supposed to have to log in (or out) again and again to get to different parts of the site. And just to be sure about this I used one of our member test accounts to see what would happen when I logged in with it. I first went to the RVPR Home page and clicked on Login and the login screen was displayed. After I had logged in the Home page was displayed again. Then I clicked on Forum and was able to view it. I also clicked on Submit Review, and my profile, and I did not have to log in again. I also searched for a park and once I was at its listing I could see the photos displayed for it and the upload links. At no time did I have to log in again. So I do not think what is happening with you is normal. You and any other member should only have to login once.

I am going to report this to a higher admin to see if they know what is happening or if they have a solution and I will get back to you when I know something.

13. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I actually didn't realize this was a problem until your latest reply. I had noticed it about maybe 6 months ago but thought it was some site update or something.

Just an FYI, earlier today I was visiting family and tried logging in on their desktop and still had the same issue. For me this is not a big issue as I'm relatively familiar with moving around the site.

Now that you have me thinking about it, this problem might have started about the same time when I could not remove the "test" on my forum profile page and I believe the problem had to be resolved by tech admin. Again this could be just a coincidence.

Mike

#13 mdcamping, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have a little more information now. Unfortunately we are not completely sure what causes this problem, but we do know that tablets and mobile devices are notorious for having the login issues like you described. So what type device are you using?

We have also discovered that this could be a browser problem. I am told that Chrome will behave this way if the browser is set to delete cookies. This is the function that remembers your login, but if the "memory" is deleted then our system thinks you are not logged in. Try changing your settings so that cookies aren't deleted and maybe this will fix the problem.

Again, if I learn more, I will get back to you.

15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thank you for replying I'll will check my settings.

Mike

16. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just a reminder to everyone to vote for your favorite photo.

18. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I think congrats are in order to the five finalists who submitted the above photos. All are spectacular and show some real talent in photo taking. Whomever wins surely deserves it but that doesn't take away from the other four IMHO................

Great Pics, BankShot............(aka Terry)