Rv Or Trailer Age Limit In Parks?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by stitchlips, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Jamie Rosauer

Jamie Rosauer
    Expand Collapse

I had a 1995 Kountry star fifth wheel and I live in Arizona near Laughlin. None of the parts were allow my RV there but one there are several parks in that area. my fifth wheel was not in bad shape . I sold it now I'm having problems finding me something and I'm running out of money. Now I'm living in my car with my cat. I can't believe I'm in this situation at my age. I believe the folks and they said that there was a lot of trailers out there very inexpensive the older ones and I haven't found anything this is on May 8th is when I sold it. From what I understand the trailer the law it stated they don't have to allow anything older than 1990s in the park. Who gave them the right to decide that they don't have to let whatever age of the vehicle they want it to be. I'm going to do some checking into this because I'd like to know if they have the right to turn us away when the law States older then 1990

Bandige likes this.
  2. strikeback

strikeback
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Most park don't even bother what year your RV was built. What if your RV is that gorgeous exterior that it doesn't look like it is 20 years old.

3. treesprite

treesprite
    Expand Collapse

If the situation is desperate, perhaps you could find a van to convert. It would better than a car. You could have a bed to lie on, and a portable toilet of some sort. Vans can be parked anywhere, no need to pay campground fees all the time, just save that fee money up to buy a proper RV in the future.

BankShot likes this.
  4. Lou Stewl

Lou Stewl
    Expand Collapse

My advice is to ditch the cat.

I'm pretty sure privately-owned parks can turn away anyone they want and set the rules however they want. They know people with nicer RVs don't want to camp around people with older, dilapidated campers. If they want to attract nicer RVs they need to keep the place upscale to a certain degree. Classism at its best.

5. Bandige

Bandige
    Expand Collapse

it's very interesting