Campground In Georgia

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by LiveToCamp, Jan 20, 2007.

1. LiveToCamp

LiveToCamp
    Expand Collapse

Looking for a one night stop over off of 75 about the middle of the state...

Thanks camperboy

2. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

we were in georgia last november. we stayed at twin oaks campground. very handy to 1 -75. nice people. we had to stay over an extra day because of a tire problem and they were very accomodating.. i would go back again
    boater

3. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

boater again. should have told you that it is listed in perry georgia, and is just south of town on 1-75
    boater

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Look at Fair Harbor RV Park in Perry at exit 135. Good Sams and Passport park. Park had everything you would need. Number of good places to eat close by.

5. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the Forsyth KOA last April (just south of Atlanta - exit 187) - wouldn't want to vacation there but it was fine for a one night stop over. Very close to the I-75 so there is a fair bit of road noise.

6. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Camperboy> You didn't mention whether you were traveling north or south on 75. Most of the campgrounds that are convenient to the interstate are on the south side and 40-50 miles from downtown Atlanta. On the south side:

High Falls State park is quiet with lotsa shade, but doesn't accommodate big rigs very well. Exit 198

Forest Glen Mobile Home and RV park is in Jackson exit 205. One of the nicer mobile home/rv parks. All sites are pull thru, but they have a 3-4 very large ones for overnighters.

Atlanta South RV Resort in McDonough is exit 222. It used to be a KOA. Ask for a site in the new area. Much easier to get into and out of.

On the north side: Allatoona Landing Marina and RV in Cartersville. Exit 283. On the lake, but only about 10 sites are pull thru.

I lived in the Atlanta area for 6 years, so I also pass along this tip from experience. During the week day, do not be driving before 9 am and after 3 pm. Traffic is horrendous and it starts about 6 am. Five interstates lead into, out of, or around Atlanta and they will all be packed as tight as sardines. If you do Atlanta between 10-2, you can pretty much do the speed limit on 75 from one side to the other. If you can't do that, then at least do the east side of I-285 and connect with I-675.

Rich

7. Phild

Phild
    Expand Collapse

Twin Oaks is a great place I have been there a few times and its always friendly. :rolleyes: