Repair Cabinet facings

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by RVL390509, Jan 11, 2022.

1. RVL390509

RVL390509
    Expand Collapse

I am interested in re-gluing or repairing the heavy paper that covers our cabinets. We have a winnebago view. Any ideas?

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. I had a friend some years ago that had a similar situation and he tried stripping off that heavy duty paper covering on one cabinet door to see if he could redo it himself. Well, that didn't turn out so good and in fact after several attempts so put a new wrap on that door he gave up and had the doors replaced with veneered one. Cost a tad more but he felt it was well worth it. Why some RV's have these paper wrapped doors and cupboards, etc. is beyond me but it is no doubt to save a buck in the build process. If you do just want to have them redone in a wrap I'd suggest you take it a dealer or to someone that does this as a business and avoid all the headaches and mess that you will most likely find yourself into. Hope this helps, whatever you end up doing I hope it works ouit for the best......................

Regards, BankShot................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Keith Loebs

Keith Loebs
    Expand Collapse

can you paint over the wrap?