Wizard Routing Error

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by BDRV, Jan 17, 2022.

1. BDRV

BDRV
    Expand Collapse

Hello All,
    I'm new here and I look forward to posting as I become more comfortable with the software and all its features. Meanwhile, while experimenting with Trip Wizard, I encountered what I believe to be a serious issue. I sent a message to RVLife using the on-line system, but I think it might be helpful to alert others via the forum. Below is an abbreviated version of the message I posted this evening:

" upload_2022-1-17_22-16-19.png The route from Charlottesville, VA, to Big Meadows Campground on Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park does not take one to the Swift Run Entrance Station. Rather, it routes one across the mountains to Elkton, VA, and up to Stanley, Va. There, one enters a gravel road which I know to be a fire road. There is no proper entrance station to the Park at this point."

Raygor and Rollin Ollens like this.
  2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum BDRV and a great way to begin your entrance.

It's good for the rest of us that are not familiar with the area to know a problem exists. Like all software, their are bound to be glitches. I never rely 100% on my GPS units. I check Google Earth and Google maps as well plus we always rely the old stand by, Highway Direction Signs.

Thanks for the HU and keep up the good work.

Darrell

Raygor and BDRV like this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks you for your information. I see where you also reported this to the RV Life Campground Reviews Support Desk after which your message was forwarded to RV Life Trip Wizard, and one of the admins there replied to you. Since the members of this forum would not see that reply, I have included it here so that they too will have the benefit of the admin's explanation..

"The reason for this is that Skyline Drive is truck restricted. You will need to drag your route to Skyline Drive. We have notified our routing provider."

Raygor, BDRV and Rollin Ollens like this.
  4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Good to know that our Support Team had this handled efficiently and that it was not a glitch!

Darrell

Raygor and BDRV like this.
  5. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Just in case anyone needs to know, our sister site irv2.com has a forum section specifically dedicated to RVTW users. You can ask all kinds of questions, find answers to questions you have, get tips...etc., all answered by RVTW users.

BDRV and Rollin Ollens like this.