Submit a Speed Test issue

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Suburbazine, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Suburbazine

Suburbazine
    Expand Collapse

If I click "Submit a Speed Test" on a particular campground's page, the speed test function should either assume I want to submit a speed test for the campground, or ask me if the detected location is different from where I want to submit the test for.

For instance, I'm using the wifi here, which is Comcast:
    https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/tennessee/sevierville/honeysuckle-meadows-rv-park-13171#/

But all the results are being donated here, which has TERRIBLE Wifi:
    https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/tennessee/pigeon-forge/pine-mountain-rv-park-9016#/

It's not a really fair system considering HMRVP has spent thousands to have the best guest wifi in the region.

Attached Files:

2. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar situation; we camped at a familiar campground and could not report the WiFi speed. Spoke with this site's admin and she explained why a campground might show a different location than the actual location where it is. I didn't understand. It has to do with some system they have and was told it might help to go to the location of the campground's entrance and try to get a speed test but not wishing to drag my trailer out of its spot, decided to just try and include it in my review. This is a frustrating issue.

3. Pat Engle

Pat Engle
    Expand Collapse

The Speed Test should allow you to select your carrier and to select the campground that you are running the test at. Why wouldn't RV Life want to have accurate data if they are going to the trouble to collect it?