Why is Trip Wizard routing me this way?

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Rogee, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Rogee

Rogee
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to travel from Montrose, CO to Peublo, CO via US Hwy 50. However, Trip Wizard starts the route on US 50 then routes me around a section of 50 by way of a state highway then back to 50 further down the route (see attached pictures). I know this area and have traveled it by auto but not my rig (a Super C). Whenever click and drag to change the route it tells me that there may be a hazard but does not clarify it. How can I best find out why the issues are?
    TIA ,
    ROGER B.
    IMG_0272.png IMG_0273.png

2. Rogee

Rogee
    Expand Collapse

Never mind! I went to CO DOT website and found a bridge closure on US 50. However, they plan on reopening around July 4, 2024.
    Roger B

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

yup, the bridge closure over blue mesa resivoire has caused alot of problems for local and cross state traffic. there are cracks in the bridge and tge detours add 7 hours to a trip through the area.

keep checking CDOT before your trip to verify its open when you need it to be.

Paythebill likes this.
  4. RVL673826

RVL673826
    Expand Collapse

Hello, Glad you got your answer but curious is there a way via the app to identify
    problem/dangerous routes? Thanks

Dave