Knee was effecting my travels

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by weighit, May 28, 2024.

1. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I have been having problems with my knee causing pain when entering or leaving the motorhome as the steps were killing me. Flat ground was ok, but still not right. Decided to get a replacement, and found by searching a new procedure called the Jiffy Knee. Checked who in my state did it and contacted them for a consult. Seems only about a dozen or so doctors have switched over to this new way across the country. Had it done April 18th, and today finished the 3rd week of rehab and they released me as I have full range of motion, can climb steps up and down without stiffness or pain. Anyone thinking of getting a new knee I strongly suggest looking at the Jiffy Knee. So now back to rving again, yippee.

Bbugg and mdcamping like this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

That's great news weighit. Glad to hear you are back in the saddle again...:D My Sigoth (significant other) Had her left knee replaced twice as the first time around the unit was found to be defective. Even with the 2nd unit her knee has continued to give her ongoing pain and problems so thank you for the info on this new Jiffy Knee you have. I am going to tell her about this in the morning. Hope the summer season gives you many great trips and that this new device gives you many years of painless travels.... Indeed!!!

Regards, BankShot.....(aka Terry)

#2 BankShot, May 28, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
    mdcamping likes this.
  3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

I can't tell you how much better it is now to get up and down the 5 steps into and back out of the motorhome. Before I was two stepping each step as the pain was too much to just try to walk up them normally. Now I can get up without any pain...can't wait to get out and have some fun!!

mdcamping likes this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am making note, my knees are not in a good way...

Mike

Bbugg likes this.
  5. Bbugg

Bbugg
    Expand Collapse