Route suggestions...

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Greg Aaron, Jun 28, 2024 at 1:32 PM.

1. Greg Aaron

Greg Aaron
    Expand Collapse

Hello all, we are planning a trip for July 2025 thru Aug 2025. Departing Las Vegas and heading to Couer D' Alene and then to Glacier National Park.

We have a Class A Newmar Ventana and we tow a Jeep. Getting to Couer is no problem, but we have no idea which roads will be the best and safest to take from Couer to West Glacier. On the map it does not look as if there are any major highways between the 2 places and we don't want to be on a road which is not suited to our coach. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Regards, and safe travels.

Greg

2. Greg Aaron

Greg Aaron
    Expand Collapse

My error -- meant to ask for a route from Sandpoint ID to West Glacier. Wondering if Hwy 2 from Bonners Ferry to Kalispell is a suitable and safe route for our coach and toad.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Before I saw this thread, I had replied to you in the other thread you have started about this route. Again RV Life Trip Wizard plotted your route from Sandpoint on Highway 2 up through Bonners Ferry and over to Kalispell. We have not driven the route proposed in this thread.

4. Greg Aaron

Greg Aaron
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your input. I am not 100% sure about taking Hwy 2. Was hoping someone who had taken that route would respond. I guess we will backtrack and stay on major hwy's as much as possible.