1st Family Rv Trip - Origin Norcal

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fletch, May 17, 2009.

1. Fletch

Fletch
    Expand Collapse

Hello fellow RV'ers,
    I have rented a 25 foot RV from CruiseAmerica Aug 1-8 (that was the easy part)
    Now I am overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices of where to go in this great state.
    Its 2 adults and 2 kids (3 & 5).
    My main criteria are:
    1) within 800 miles roundtrip (San Diego is on the edge of this - Campland looks good and the kids love Legoland)
    2) Near water - ocean, lake river - something to cool off in Aug (both kids are good swimmers)
    3) Activities for kids

My original thought was to work down Pacific Coast Highway (stop maybe in Aptos - Seacliff park sounds good) as far as Pismo Beach - the best one there (Pismo Coast Village) seems booked up though)
    I am also open to Lake Tahoe or Yosemite.

thanks for any suggestions/tips!

Fletch.

2. Warren's

Warren's
    Expand Collapse

I know what you mean we finally bought our first Travel Trailer last year we had tent camped for over 10 years. We go camping now alot more but our first big vacation is coming up 16 days we decided on a trip to the Grand Canyon we are in Arkansas. It was mind boggling planning this trip we didn't know anybody who had a RV so we had to look everywhere. The best things we found where what we like to do and see and use that on the internet. Sites like this are very helpful and we found that YouTube.com to be helpful to see what the town looks like. I know this does not help you where to go but this might help you to look for what you want to do. Good Luck, Mike

3. Fletch

Fletch
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I reserved a Bay View site at Chula Vista RV (San Diego) - reviews are great and the setting looks awesome!

Now all I need are suggestions for a stopover night closer to Santa Barbara/LA for the trip down from Norcal and one closer to San Jose on the return - I am thinking Flying Flags on the way down, and Santa Cruz KOA on the way back.

thanks!

QUOTE(Fletch @ May 17 2009, 11:29 PM) [snapback]16444[/snapback]

Hello fellow RV'ers,
    I have rented a 25 foot RV from CruiseAmerica Aug 1-8 (that was the easy part)
    Now I am overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices of where to go in this great state.
    Its 2 adults and 2 kids (3 & 5).
    My main criteria are:
    1) within 800 miles roundtrip (San Diego is on the edge of this - Campland looks good and the kids love Legoland)
    2) Near water - ocean, lake river - something to cool off in Aug (both kids are good swimmers)
    3) Activities for kids

My original thought was to work down Pacific Coast Highway (stop maybe in Aptos - Seacliff park sounds good) as far as Pismo Beach - the best one there (Pismo Coast Village) seems booked up though)
    I am also open to Lake Tahoe or Yosemite.

thanks for any suggestions/tips!

Fletch.