2012 Forest River Grey Wolf 18RB

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Mark10409, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Mark10409

Mark10409
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    My first post, hoping to learn a lot. My wife and I are going to look at a camper tomorrow. It is a 2012 Forest River Grey Wolf 18RB. We are somewhat confused by Forest River's model number. We are looking for a 24ft (ish) camper. The spec's say this is 24ft long, are they talking total length hitch to bumper is 24ft? or is it like the model number states, it's a 18ft camper? If anyone has any information on this camper we'd appreciate any help, Thanks Mark

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

You can find out more by checking out the J D Power website and copy paste 2012 Forest River Grey Wolf 18RB.

Paythebill and Mark10409 like this.
  3. Mark10409

Mark10409
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Upon checking the specs on your RV they give the length as 24.67 feet but why Forest Rivers gives the model number as 18RB is beyond me? Most manufacturers have model numbers that correspond to the actual length of the RV nose to rear end that doesn't include the hitch. We have a Class A coach that has a model number of 30SFS and yet the actual length is 31 feet. You might want to contact Forest River and ask them about this. Happy and safe travels with your new RV and welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to be assistance when you need it............

Regards, BankShot.....(aka Terry)

Paythebill and Mark10409 like this.
  5. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Here are the specs I found on the Grey Wolf 18RB IMG_0130.png

6. Mark10409

Mark10409
    Expand Collapse

Exactly what we thought, Thanks!

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My observation is most trailer (but not all) model numbers the number represents the ID box size of the trailer. I generally add 3 to 4 feet to the box size model number to get a ballpark bumper to tongue length. This seemed to work on my last 3 trailers and I talked to a sales guy one time and he said thats how the model numbers work, Yes I'm getting my info from sales guy LOL but it does seem to work out as least for my past trailers.

BTW I allways go by MFG specs for overall length. :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.