4 Cities In 12 Months! Cheyenne, Wy To Start!

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by KTMgal, Jan 12, 2014.

1. KTMgal

KTMgal
    Expand Collapse

Good morning, everyone!

Long-time user of campground reviews, but finally decided to get an account and ask for any advice you all may have. Thank you in advance for any input!

I am going on my clinical rotations for medical school this year, and I'm planning to tow a trailer for my accommodations. I'm looking for any advice on good places to stay that might allow an extended stay of about 3 months.

Cheyenne, WY: May-August
    Salt Lake City, UT: August - November
    Patrick AFB, FL: November - February
    Sparks/Reno, NV: February - May (2015!)

My main concern is locking in the first 3 months in Cheyenne. I called the KOA and 3 months' stay is not something they offer. AB camping was recommended to me but I'm having trouble getting into contact with them to make a reservation since they are closed for the season.

Any and all tips are appreciated about places that allow 3-month stays at these locations. Thank you so much! I am getting excited for my year-long adventure!!

2. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

The only park we've stayed in in Cheyenne was Terry Bison Ranch and I don't think you'd like it for three months. Bare bones and a lot of noise from the highway. The novelty of camping on a buffalo ranch wears off pretty fast.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Never been there, but you would probably be better off staying at a small Mom and Pop place that offers seasonal or monthly rates. You can call around and use Google Earth to check things out. Good Luck. Safety and security are paramount. Good Luck.

4. Paradise cruiser

Paradise cruiser
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(KTMgal @ Jan 12 2014, 12:07 PM) [snapback]35552[/snapback]

Good morning, everyone!

Long-time user of campground reviews, but finally decided to get an account and ask for any advice you all may have. Thank you in advance for any input!

I am going on my clinical rotations for medical school this year, and I'm planning to tow a trailer for my accommodations. I'm looking for any advice on good places to stay that might allow an extended stay of about 3 months.

Cheyenne, WY: May-August
    Salt Lake City, UT: August - November
    Patrick AFB, FL: November - February
    Sparks/Reno, NV: February - May (2015!)

My main concern is locking in the first 3 months in Cheyenne. I callaed the KOA and 3 months' stay is not something they offer. AB camping was recommended to me but I'm having trouble getting into contact with them to make a reservation since they are closed for the season.

Any and all tips are appreciated about places that allow 3-month stays at these locations. Thank you so much! I am getting excited for my year-long adventure!!

5. fanofrvn

fanofrvn
    Expand Collapse

I can only assist with the Reno/Sparks location. The park I would check out is the Shamrock Park located north of town. I've never stayed at that park but I used to live near that park. There may be some train noise as it's relatively close to tracks. The jail is nearby but shouldn't pose a problem. Freeway access is fairly close and easy. I would also check out Reno RV park on Mill St. that ones right down the road from Renown Medical Center. It's close to downtown and freeway access is relatively close by as well. Most of the parks in and around town are older and not in the best parts of town. The Grand Sierra park is right under the flight path into the airport as is The River's Edge park. The weather from February-March can be cold with lingering snow. The Sparks Marina park is nice but I don't if they offer monthly rates. However, it probably wouldn't hurt to call them as it's still basically cold there from February - March. (The weather starts to get a little warmer and more predictable starting about late March/early April). And, they may make concessions especially if you let them know you're in the medical field. I hope this helps. Best of luck, wife's a nurse and I thank you for your commitment and desire to help others.