A.h.stephens State Park Georgia

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by boater, Apr 25, 2008.

1. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

can anyone give me the directions to use the alternative route into this park to avoid the 12' clearance. I understand it goes thru a residential area so they cant post it.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

You only have one road Hwy 177 in and out of the park. Hwy 441 is a main line and very good road to travel on. Two small towns Edith or Fargo on 441. What is this 12' clearance?

3. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Apr 26 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]11351[/snapback]

You only have one road Hwy 177 in and out of the park. Hwy 441 is a main line and very good road to travel on. Two small towns Edith or Fargo on 441. What is this 12' clearance?

There is a bridge where monumet ave crosses the railroad that has a 12' 8 in clearance. I have been told that thetre is an alternate street that gets arouynd this but the park is not allowed to give it out because it goes thru a residential area.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

boater,

I was looking at wrong park, my mistake. I found Monument Street on Google earth fly by but can not see any bridge on road into park. Per Google, park is .29 miles from Monument St. I can see a RxR on GA state map but not Google. I also do not see other routes around the park to get in. In more cases 12' 8 in clearance is OK to pass under. The only ones this would not work for is the 45 ' buses. Take a look at Google earth and see if you can find this bridge or a better route.

5. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

+
    John
    We finally got to go to this park. the railroad bridge is a tunnel under the tracks directly in front of the stevens home. Clearance is 12 FT 10 IN. There is a way around it if someone needs more than this. Call the office at stevens when you are near and they will direct you.
    This is a very nice park, only 25 spaces but lot of pull thrus. the park is neat and orderly and quiet.
    boater

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

boater,

Thanks for the information. I think most RV units could clear the 12' 10". May have the CB radio antenna to hit overhead but this would not be a problem. We will check out this place on one of our trip into GA.