A question about questions

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Fitzjohnfan, Sep 29, 2024 at 10:01 PM.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Every once in a while, i get an email from tge site titled "
    RV LIFE: A park you reviewed has a new question

The problem with these questions, is that they are frequently geared more towards the park management/owner, and not toward another camper/customer. Examples are:

Do you offer a military discount?
    Do you have a place to store an RV for 2 weeks?
    Are you open in the winter?

As you can see, these are questions for the park, not a customer, like me. is there any way to add a note in the "ask a question" section that roughly says: Questions posted here are to get general knowedge or experiance information from other campers. to ask about polices or features of the park, please visit the campground website".

weighit, BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for your comments. When the Q&A section was added several years ago, the idea was for it to be a place where members who had stayed at the park would be able to provide general information to other members. It was not intended to be a place to ask owners questions. However, as you noted, there are many questions submitted that are geared to needing an answer from the park owner. I think your suggestion about adding a note of explanation on the feature would be good, and in fact this following message is already posted: "Reservation & customer support requests are not allowed." I personally think the wording is not large enough or prominently placed to be easily seen, but even if it is seen and read, it still does not guarantee that members will abide by it. In the meantime, you might have noticed that there is a "Report" link in the Q&A section, so questions and answers can be reported.

weighit likes this.