Adult Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by julievojo, Aug 27, 2004.

1. julievojo

julievojo
    Expand Collapse

We would like to find a chain of parks that are for adults only or have adult only sections. Not that we want to be getting naked and paryting or anything like that, it's just that after years of camping with kids, we would love to enjoy some quiet time now that our own kids are grown. Does anyone know of any parks that have separate areas for campers wanting to enjoy peace and quiet?

2. mittshel

mittshel
    Expand Collapse

One of our favorite parks just happens to be adults only. It is Emerald Desert Golf and RV Resort in Palm Desert, California. It is a winter spot. Too hot in the summer.

3. PJRACER

PJRACER
    Expand Collapse

Regarding Adult Parks ------ I am a people watcher (one of my favorite hobbys) and believe me----most of the adults I see that would like to be without kids around, I really wouldn't care to see "getting naked" OR "partying" lol Thats a joke kids-------------don't get upset at me PJRACER

4. julievojo

julievojo
    Expand Collapse

Ewwww, neither would I!

I'll check out the place in Palm Desert, it sounds great. Peace and quiet and warm weather!

It's not that we have anything against kids - we love spending time with our grandkids. But, sometimes when we travel we're looking for peace and quiet.

Happy Travels!

Julie

5. RVman3252

RVman3252
    Expand Collapse

:unsure: Wow! That could be scary… I think I will stick with the normal RV Parks…

RVman

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

You may wish to go out to Yuma, AZ and check out that place if you wish only to see Golden Geezers. Most parks we looked at his spring were about the same, large and free of kids. Very hot in summer and no one around. In winter months you have a full house. We like to see kids, young people, and geezers in parks. You need a good mix in life.

7. julievojo

julievojo
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm not really looking for the Golden Geezers either... It's just that I just finished raising two kids and one grandkid (alone) Peace and Quiet are just what the doctor ordered for a reinstatement of my sanity.

I love the kids, love the grandkids! Just don't want to camp with them right now.

Julie

8. liberty99

liberty99
    Expand Collapse

We are both retiring after working with children our whole careers and raising children, so hanging out with primarily adults would be a good change for us, too. Girl, I can understand the feelin'. :rolleyes:

9. cardinal414

cardinal414
    Expand Collapse

:D If you are in Calif for the winter, check out the Fountain of Youth north of Niland & south of Indio on route 111. You will not find a nicer place for the money. 2 warm pools, 4 hot tubs ( one with a water fall), a cafe, a post office, a barber, beauty shop, a massage therapist, a store, game rooms, card rooms, library, dancing, bingo, church services, craft room, hiking, etc. All for $399 full hook up including water, sewer, elec., cable TV and phone hook-up on site. We have stayed there for 8 winters.

10. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I wish there were more parks that catered to the "old folks." Frankly, most of us have spent 25 years or so raising our kids and getting them through college, and another 20 years doting over the grandkids, and we're due a rest. To me, camping is like dining out--you don't want the experience ruined by screaming kids, no matter how cute they are. :rolleyes:

11. midnightstar

midnightstar
    Expand Collapse

: :) You didn't mention what area you are interested in finding adult parks.
    We have been full timing rv'ers for 8 years and the only parks where we crossed paths with children were in State Parks. Could give you ideas if I knew what States you are interested in.

12. Mr. Camper

Mr. Camper
    Expand Collapse

We've managed to solve that problem without offending anyone. Just look for campgrounds without game rooms or playgrounds and you usually find no children. If you can live without a pool that's even more of a guarantee.

13. Sassysmom

Sassysmom
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: We found that many of the campgrounds in Florida are 55 and over. One that I know of is in North Fort Meyer--Upriver Campground. We are in that group (55 and above) and liked it so well that we are going back this year for 3 months. The sights are long(100 ft) roomy and it is one of the cleanest campgrounds we have camped in. You are allowed to have grandchildren visit--for short visits,not to live there. As you said--we do love kids-but not when we are camping to relax.

14. Wiretwister

Wiretwister
    Expand Collapse

Don't know about you... but I would much prefer the laughter of children to the loud, foul-mouthed antics of a group of 25 year-olds with their 30-packs of beer under their arms. :ph34r:

15. Mr. Camper

Mr. Camper
    Expand Collapse

We've seen those same 20-somethings at the so called "family campgrounds" and the only thing that stops them anywhere is strong and effective management. We have nothing against kids in general. Sadly however some parents don't bother to teach them proper campground etiquette. We are both teachers and work with kids all the time. When we get a chance to get away on a weekend it's nice to have a quiet, relaxing weekend.

16. bbk

bbk
    Expand Collapse

Zane Grey RV Park in Camp Verde, AZ is a decent adult park. It's a little close to the highway, but we've stayed there several times and enjoy it.

17. Journeyer

Journeyer
    Expand Collapse

I stayed at Wild Duck Campground in Scarborough, Maine (near Portland) during the summer of 2001. I really liked it a lot. There's a picture of me feeding the great "wild" ducks there in my Maine section of my web page http://www.MaliasRV.com. Their web page is http://www.wildduckcampground.com/ I would recommend them for a stay in that area.

18. njackson

njackson
    Expand Collapse

Wow a bunch of youngster haters. my Wife and I bought our first RV a year ago and have enjoyed travelling in Az. Cal. Nev. Ut. and Wy. we have met alot of really neat people and loved our travels with our dogs as we have no kids. We do not drink or party just hang out and meet people swap stories and travels. Oh did I mention My wife is 21 and I am 29? Hmm and looked down at already.

19. nybasset4

nybasset4
    Expand Collapse

Hi-

I wanted to chime in....My husband & I are 29 and 28, respectively. We purchased our very first motorhome, a small class C, last August. We are childless, and travel with our 4 basset hounds.

I am a little put off by the "Twentysomethings with the 30 pack of beer under their arms" comment. I think that's a pretty incorrect stereotype. Neither my husband nor I really drink, nor do we RV to get drunk. We travel/camp to enjoy time with each other, and time with our dogs, and enjoy peace and quiet off the beaten path of everyday life. I prefer parks that cater to adults only, because I am not a huge fan of kids, and the noise that accompanies them.

There are plenty of twenty and thirty somethings just like me, who are like you folks-that RV for some peace and quiet, and time with someone special. Don't lump me in to some stereotype because you were unfortunate enough to come across some impolite idiot.

20. julievojo

julievojo
    Expand Collapse

That is the truth! In many of the parks we have visited, it seems like the parents let the kids run wild. Last place we visited in OR the kids from the trailer next door kept running over our electric line with their bikes and suceeded in pulling it out and bending the prongs. Then one of them left their bike right outside our door and I tripped over the darn thing when I went out early in the morning. That really ticked me off! It really put a big damper on the rest of our trip when I couldn't hike because my knee was swollen up like a softball! Cost me $250 for the xray and crutches.

When we bring our grandson along, we go out of our way to make sure he doesn't disturb the other campers! Maybe parks should consider offering family areas AND adult areas and you could choose whice section fit your needs?

Or.... maybe I'm just a crabby old witch. Who knows?