Advice

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by pianotuna, Feb 14, 2009.

1. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on my "new to me" kustom koach KC280.

The unit is was sold in 2004 and has about 4000 miles on it. The tanks have never had water in them and the Fridge still has the cardboard inside.

Is there any maintenance I should be doing service wise before I take it out for my first trip?

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Feb 14 2009, 03:30 PM) [snapback]15150[/snapback]

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice on my "new to me" kustom koach KC280.

The unit is was sold in 2004 and has about 4000 miles on it. The tanks have never had water in them and the Fridge still has the cardboard inside.

Is there any maintenance I should be doing service wise before I take it out for my first trip?

I would fill the fresh water tank and add some bleach to the water to sanatize the system. Run the bleach water into all the faucets on the RV and let it set overnight. THen you will need to flush the tank and system a couple of times to get the bleach smell out. I would also check the batteries for proper water level, have the rig lubricated at the bearings and grease fittings, be sure to check the lights and make sure everything runs properly before setting out. It's a lot easier to get repairs done at home than on the road. Good luck

3. Trentheim

Trentheim
    Expand Collapse

It probably wouldn't hurt to set it up for an overnight at home. Running everything at home base would be a good way to find any bugs in the system.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Trentheim beat me to it... :lol:
    Recommend taking a COUPLE shakedown overnights. Be sure to include some full-hook-up situations to insure all the connections, fittings, hoses etc. are intact.
    Enjoy!

5. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

wheel bearings and brakes. drums will rust from sitting. you can pull it down the road with a little pressure on the brake pedal or hold down the manual control. if you have the time take a look first, and grease the wheel bearings.

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I would more than likely replace all the tires in addition to the other suggestions made......

7. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Butch, from personal experience I know that unused tires age pretty quickly.....