Age Restricted Rv Parks

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kparker51, Apr 8, 2010.

1. kparker51

kparker51
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if anyone has run across a book, website, or whatever that is a listing

of "age restricted parks"?

Also, has anyone seen a comparison of all the "discount cards and schemes"?

Thanks
    Keith

2. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

In Florida (the blue hair capital of the world), we have a lot of 55 and older RV parks. This is a protected class according to the government. Children, for example are not. The 55 plus parks don't allow children. These come in both the long term and short term variety and are very common here. The theory being that the kids make noise and are disruptive. Once they go through the procedures to become 55 plus, they have to follow strict rules to maintain the status. I believe that some of them have provisions for grandkids for a limited period. I have never seen these in national or state parks.
    As far as discounts, there are two 50% clubs which are of great value to join.... Passport America and Camp Club America. We belong to both and they pay for themselves after several nights.

Good Luck

3. kparker51

kparker51
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 9 2010, 06:51 AM) [snapback]21590[/snapback]

In Florida (the blue hair capital of the world), we have a lot of 55 and older RV parks. This is a protected class according to the government. Children, for example are not. The 55 plus parks don't allow children. These come in both the long term and short term variety and are very common here. The theory being that the kids make noise and are disruptive. Once they go through the procedures to become 55 plus, they have to follow strict rules to maintain the status. I believe that some of them have provisions for grandkids for a limited period. I have never seen these in national or state parks.
    As far as discounts, there are two 50% clubs which are of great value to join.... Passport America and Camp Club America. We belong to both and they pay for themselves after several nights.

Good Luck

Thanks Lindsay.

4. armadillo53

armadillo53
    Expand Collapse

We are very thankful that there are some 55+ parks, in today's society a lot of children are totally out of control. We have traveled alot in the summer when school is out and have had some terrible experiences. Having spent 40 years raising kids and grand kids we need a place to go and have some peace and quiet.

5. catman2130093

catman2130093
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(armadillo53 @ Apr 20 2010, 09:19 PM) [snapback]21712[/snapback]

We are very thankful that there are some 55+ parks, in today's society a lot of children are totally out of control. We have traveled alot in the summer when school is out and have had some terrible experiences. Having spent 40 years raising kids and grand kids we need a place to go and have some peace and quiet.

Amen! I'm 54 and can't wait! My experience has been younger adults with Harley Davidsons,stereos,alcohol,etc that also won't control their kids or yappy dogs. I had to live next to them when I was working, now I can't wait for some peace and quiet.."family" parks let anyone in that can pay the money. 55 up parks will get my business first!

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

If you are 54, that is fine. they do not actually check your age. Wear a hippie tied died shirt and you can get right in.