All I Want For Christmas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Shamrockexpress, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Shamrockexpress

Shamrockexpress
    Expand Collapse

Wanted one campsite, must have full hook-up, must be pull-through or extra wide back-in for a 30ft class C motor home, I know you may think, 'what do they want'? it's a baby motor home, but back home in Ireland the class C would be bigger than most local public transport, so please allow for people who are not used to driving monsters, we must have wi-fi and cable, we don't need a pool or activities, the RV park location must be around Nevada or Arizona state line, the sun must shine or promise to at least show itself, because my sister is coming over from Ireland to join us at Christmas and after her last experience she demands sunshine, we camped in Toronto in July 07 and it rained every day, on her departure as she rubbed on her fake tan she told us she may as well have stayed in wet damp old Ireland, getting back to the campsite, does anyone know a place that has easy walking distance to shops and possibly a few bicycle lanes thrown in? our problem is when we go anywhere we need to bring half of Wal Mart with us to the campsite incase we run out, it would be nice to find a campsite that has everything on your doorstep and we can give the engine a rest, does all these requests seem too much? If someone out there knows of such a place, we would be very glad to hear from them. :p

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Shamrockexpress,

Nevada may be too far north for comfort at Christmas time.

If you click on the link below and type in the city of your choice and then scroll down it is possible to "review" the weather for any date in the past for that location.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findwe...henderson%2C+nv

For the week near Christmas for the above location in 2006 the "high" was 61F (16C) and the low was 45F (7C). Not exactly "sunbathing weather".

QUOTE(Shamrockexpress @ Nov 8 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]9065[/snapback]

the RV park location must be around Nevada or Arizona state line, the sun must shine or promise to at least show itself, because my sister is coming over from Ireland to join us at Christmas very glad to hear from them. :p

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm sure you can read a map as well as I can and can see that there are not very many towns along the Nevada/Arizona border. The most obvious is Las Vegas and you will find numerous RV parks that meet your criteria and pocket book. Course you will be in a city as opposed to the country. We usually stay at Sam's Town, but there are many other parks both nicer and not as nice.

Mesquite, NV is to the north and on the Arizona border. We have never stayed there, but it is not too far from Zion National Park which is spectacular. But I agree with pianotuna that this may put you in cooler weather. So let's look south of Las Vegas.

There's Laughlin and Bullhead City. We have stayed at both the Riverside RV Park and the Avi Resort which I hear is now a KOA. They were both OK, but not a 10. Farther south is Lake Havasu City. It is actually on the border between Arizona and California and sits right on the Colorado River. It was fairly warm and sunny when we were there in January 2006. The nights were cool, though. We would recommend the Havasu Falls RV Resort. (Not to be confused with Havasu RV Resort. They are two different places.) Actually they are both very nice, so you might check them both out.

The farther south you go the better chance you will see sun and have warm weather. If you can, try Yuma, Sedona, Phoenix and the surrounding area, or Tucson. They are all in Arizona. Course I have to mention our Texas Valley which has pretty weather year round, but it definitely is not on the NV/AZ border.

Hope this helps and good luck.