All Pennsylvania State Parks Are Closed!!!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BBear, Jul 9, 2007.

1. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

They ordered everyone out, including myself today at 10 a.m., because our &*%$#* state government couldn't pass a budget and they closed all "nonessential" departments. We only arrived yesterday for a week long stay, now our vacation is totally ruined.

The State Parks will remain closed until they can pass the budget.

But, get this, state liquor stores, lottery and slot machine parlors remain open and operating, LOL!!! Yeah, they're real essential!

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

They passed a new budget so all PA State Parks will be up and running tomorrow. Unfortunately, our vacation has already been ruined...don't feel like driving 3 hours back to the state park we were staying at.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

BBear,

The check I sent to PA did the job, now go camping again. :lol:

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks John for your "PA check", by the way would you like to buy a N.Y. bridge, namely, "the Brooklyn Bridge ??? Or how about some land in the Florida Everglades ??? How about adopting me has your son, I'm more than likely older than you are. Good grief, can't fault a guy for trying can you ?? Enjoy your day, and hope you enjoyed my attempt at humor, John.

5. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 11 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]7663[/snapback]

BBear,

The check I sent to PA did the job, now go camping again. :lol:

LOL, thanks John, but they'll probably return your check....what's really stupid about the whole thing it had nothing to do with money....our government is working on a huge surplus....it had to do with our governor and Congress playing party politics.

After all the planning and packing and to have it ruined because of a bunch of bickering buffoons, I just really don't feel like going back out camping in PA right now. :(

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

BBear and Butch,

Same thing happen year ago in Washington DC. Plan was to shut down the USA due to no money. What a big joke!

On the Brooklyn Bridge, I own that one now. We picked it up on a trip into city for couple days, was a great deal. We live in the swamp now so we have more gators than we need. LOL

Butch, come on down Son and take over I need more time off to go camping. If you are older than me then you come off the Ark.

Fun and humor make my life better. :lol:

Have fun this summer!

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

John Blue, I love your fun and humor....I'm pretty much over being angry about the whole thing, LOL!

Oh and by the way, the bridge thing...you should realize you own nothing in this country....you only lease it, LOL! ;)

8. wandering palms

wandering palms
    Expand Collapse

Hope you remember this when it comes time to VOTE

9. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wandering palms @ Aug 13 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]7950[/snapback]

Hope you remember this when it comes time to VOTE

I highly doubt anyone else would be as stupid as Rendell to do what he did...thank God, he's in his last term...just hope he gets out before the ideas of making Route 80 a tollroad and privatizing the turnpike come to fruition!