American Campground Resorts

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MiSmitty, Feb 27, 2008.

1. MiSmitty

MiSmitty
    Expand Collapse

My family and I are looking into several camping resorts. Has anyone had any dealings with American Campground Resorts?
    They do have a awsome amount of listed campgrounds, but the testimonials are "bare boned".
    Any information on this organization is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hello MiSmitty and welcome aboard! B)
    Am not familiar with the Resort system you're researching, but did look into a couple others last year. Colorado River Adventures and Thousand Trails (and another that slips my mind). ALL wanted a fair chunk-of-change to join, plus one STILL had to make advance reservations, no guarantees for a nice campsite when YOU wanted to camp, time limits for length of stay...

Wow...to us that sounded just like what we normally wrestle with. :lol:

Best advise: talk to other members AND visit a couple of their parks. Don't be pressured to part with your $$$. We were immediately approached at a 'member park' we stayed at for free (yes, listened to hours of marketing)...by others who wanted to 'sell' their memberships, even at huge losses. :eek:

3. MiSmitty

MiSmitty
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Feb 28 2008, 01:10 PM) [snapback]10449[/snapback]

Am not familiar with the Resort system you're researching, but did look into a couple others last year. Colorado River Adventures and Thousand Trails (and another that slips my mind). ALL wanted a fair chunk-of-change to join, plus one STILL had to make advance reservations, no guarantees for a nice campsite when YOU wanted to camp, time limits for length of stay...

Best advise: talk to other members AND visit a couple of their parks. Don't be pressured to part with your $$$. We were immediately approached at a 'member park' we stayed at for free (yes, listened to hours of marketing)...by others who wanted to 'sell' their memberships, even at huge losses. :eek:

4. MiSmitty

MiSmitty
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Feb 28 2008, 01:10 PM) [snapback]10449[/snapback]

Thank you Foster Imposters,

I do appreciate your comments. I have learned that the organizations name commonly goes by AOR. But either way, I agree with your advise.

Thanks again,
    MiSmitty