Any One Want A White Christmas??

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Meterman46, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Brian, a white Christmas ain't all it's cracked up to be. I enjoyed the pics - my favorite was the little boy looking out the front door - as for the snowplow going down a residential street, I was wondering where in the world that was, then saw it was a Colorado Springs newspaper. They have not hit our neighborhoods and there is still over 2 ft. of snow in the street. Haven't had any mail delivery since Tuesday and we won't until they can actually get down the streets. Remember how much you loved snow as a kid (usually hoping for a day out of school), well now I am much older, and I think it sucks!!!! Wish we could jump in the RV and head somewhere warm...

3. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ Dec 22 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]5630[/snapback]
    Yeah Brian, a white Christmas ain't all it's cracked up to be. I enjoyed the pics - my favorite was the little boy looking out the front door - as for the snowplow going down a residential street, I was wondering where in the world that was, then saw it was a Colorado Springs newspaper. They have not hit our neighborhoods and there is still over 2 ft. of snow in the street. Haven't had any mail delivery since Tuesday and we won't until they can actually get down the streets. Remember how much you loved snow as a kid (usually hoping for a day out of school), well now I am much older, and I think it sucks!!!! Wish we could jump in the RV and head somewhere warm...

My driveway is nice and clear and awaits you to come on by..... :lol: It's a balmy 50 degree's here and just some wind....NO snow.... Yes as a kid I would just love that kind of snow but as I work outside I rather hate to even see it in pictures let alone here in my town as I am a meter reader who would have to plow through that to read the meters and have done that a few years ago to something not as bad as what you have but close and it wasn't fun. I have been doing this for 16 years and I enjoy the cold but really hate the snow!!! It must be the older you get the more you hate the white stuff....LOL I just found the pictures in the good sams forum and thought it would be nice share them. I knew you would agree with the pictures seeings your in it. Maybe that plow was in my neighborhood?? I'll stop him and send him your way... :unsure: I really wish I could send one you way.

An Irish Prayer[SIZE=10pt]May God give you...
    For every storm, a rainbow,
    For every tear, a smile,
    For every care, a promise,
    And a blessing in each trial.
    For every problem life sends,
    A faithful friend to share,
    For every sigh, a sweet song,
    And an answer for each prayer.
    [/SIZE]

4. graysonrvtech

graysonrvtech
    Expand Collapse

I remember a winter like that in Idaho. Our house was like the one in the picture half-buried. I must say, it made it easy to get on the roof to shovel. ;)

Al

5. dbnck

dbnck
    Expand Collapse

Just ran across this thread. We fulltime and have been in Denver for the snow siege, living in a client's parking lot. Here's a photo of our home and car after the big storm:

http://debcar.com/images-external/mcsnow6.JPG

6. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dbnck @ Jan 31 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]5952[/snapback]
    Just ran across this thread. We fulltime and have been in Denver for the snow siege, living in a client's parking lot. Here's a photo of our home and car after the big storm:

http://debcar.com/images-external/mcsnow6.JPG

dneck, welcome to the forum. If you are still in Denver, guess you know it snowed today and is forecast again for tomorrow. Good thing it is PA that the groundhog comes out of it's hole for Groundhog Day - he wouldn't be able to dig his way out here...

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Odd down here in FL to see the snow problems. Today it was very warm as I worked outside all day in a T-shirt. Down to 70 degs. tonight with light wind. I guess on the good side look at all that water the snow will bring you. Stay warm, summer weather is close at hand then we all can hit the road.

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, can you send me some of that warmth? Right now, it is snowing and is 2 degrees...