Anyone Been To Mr Ed's In Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by skybluedolphin, Apr 3, 2008.

1. skybluedolphin

skybluedolphin
    Expand Collapse

Was looking for a review on Mr Ed's Campground on Long Lake in Dundee, WI but was unable to find one. We need to find a place to stay for the season, however we have never set foot in Wisconsin so it's hard to plan. It looks fantastic to me on the website but I think we all know how that goes sometimes. Was wondering if anyone has ever stayed there? We have no need for most of the amenities of the larger parks, just a nice large site. And considering my passion for fishing, I would love to be on that lake everyday! Advise?

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Skybluedolphin:

I don't know how much luck you will have finding anyone in this forum who has been to Mr. Ed's. I couldn't find it in Woodalls and don't know if it is listed in Trailer Life. When I found the website, I noticed that it is a seasonal park. I do not know for certain what that means but I would guess that there is a required minimum stay of at least a month and possibly the entire season. I would also think that most of the sites are fairly permanent setups used by locals Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago) who come up for weekends and/or a week or two at a time. Most of the RVers on this site stay at a park overnight or a couple weeks at most during the travel (summer) season. I don't think too many of them plant themselves in a seasonl park in WI for the summer.

So, don't be too disappointed if no one here can help you. Maybe you can call the park, ask what the situation is, and ask whether or not they can supply you with customer references.

Good Luck.

3. skybluedolphin

skybluedolphin
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Apr 4 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]11046[/snapback]

Skybluedolphin:

I don't know how much luck you will have finding anyone in this forum who has been to Mr. Ed's. I couldn't find it in Woodalls and don't know if it is listed in Trailer Life. When I found the website, I noticed that it is a seasonal park. I do not know for certain what that means but I would guess that there is a required minimum stay of at least a month and possibly the entire season. I would also think that most of the sites are fairly permanent setups used by locals Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago) who come up for weekends and/or a week or two at a time. Most of the RVers on this site stay at a park overnight or a couple weeks at most during the travel (summer) season. I don't think too many of them plant themselves in a seasonl park in WI for the summer.

So, don't be too disappointed if no one here can help you. Maybe you can call the park, ask what the situation is, and ask whether or not they can supply you with customer references.

Good Luck.

Hi Jerry :)

Thanks, I never thought about asking for references. We will be staying up there for the season and I didn't want to pay the fee if it turned out they were a really bad park. They have a no refund policy and ask for half up front. I suppose we will just have to take our chances though.