Anyone Been To Pipestem In West Virginia?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by hopefulone, Jun 16, 2014.

1. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

We will be going in our pop up as we take our time looking for our next trailer.

What were the sites like? Were they large? Are all of the activities (horseback riding, golfing, canoeing, etc.) located inside the park or do you have to drive a few miles to get to them?

Much help is appreciated.

Trishy

2. dover

dover
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Trishy @ Jun 16 2014, 06:14 AM) [snapback]36965[/snapback]

We will be going in our pop up as we take our time looking for our next trailer.

What were the sites like? Were they large? Are all of the activities (horseback riding, golfing, canoeing, etc.) located inside the park or do you have to drive a few miles to get to them?

Much help is appreciated.

Trishy

HI Trishy:

This is my first reply to this forum--I'm hoping it will be a good place to get info. Excuse me if I violate any blog etiquette

4 years ago I took my son and his family to Pipestem. We had a wonderful time biking kicking and whitewater rafting. We stayed in our Motor home and we rented a cabin for my son ,daughter in law and their children. The park is very nice, but I would rate the camping sites as substandard. The site we were on did not have a level spot on it(although I did see some fairly level sites) We had to use 2X10's to block up the tires after we exceeded the full travel of our air levelers.

The cabins were nice and convenient to the RV cg. About a 3 mile bike ride.

The rangers did some presentations around the campfire at night-GOOD.

Although we wanted to golf( looked like a nice course) the grandkids kept us busy.

I rate the park a a good value and we enjoyed it. I'm hoping to find something similar but closer to Pittsburgh for the Labor Day weekend/week. Any suggestions?

I've had trouble navigating the website so I hope you get this. Plse acknowledge so I know I've had some success.

Dick(foreroven@gmail.com)

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Dover, welcome to the forum! If you can read your post on the site then we can all see it. That's the easiest way to know you were successful. When it comes to posting reviews it can take several days for reviews to be approved and the people that do that are all volunteers and they work very hard to keep things updated so be patient with that part.