Anyone Been To These Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Ewilkfamily, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Ewilkfamily

Ewilkfamily
    Expand Collapse

Hello, Anyone out there ever camped at Highland Marina Resort RV Park in La Grange GA, or Ramsey RV Park in Warm Springs, GA? My family is planning a December trip to Callaway Gardens. I have had no success finding reviews from fellow campers who have used these camping facilities. We camp in a 26 ft. travel trailer and I'd love to get some input before we make a final decision. Thanks Much!

2. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Ewilkfamily @ Sep 27 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]5133[/snapback]

Hello, Anyone out there ever camped at Highland Marina Resort RV Park in La Grange GA, or Ramsey RV Park in Warm Springs, GA? My family is planning a December trip to Callaway Gardens. I have had no success finding reviews from fellow campers who have used these camping facilities. We camp in a 26 ft. travel trailer and I'd love to get some input before we make a final decision. Thanks Much!

We have not camped at these parks. However i would suggest that you might look at pine mountain camp ground. it is at pine mountain, very close to calaway gardens or f.d. roosevelt stated park. Yhe state parks in ga are usually nice but generly dont have sewer connections if that is important.
    If you get to the artea dont miss the f.d. roosevelt summer home there and the warm springs foundation that did so much polio research.
    We have been to this area several times before we started camping to play golf a t calaway garderns ahd see the roosevelt home. You will enjoy this area ,especially if you like pretty flowers and golf. Good luck
    forgot to mention that both of these campgrounds have web sites. and there sis a site that has a fairly large selecton of campgrounds and where they are locate
    www.epgsoft.com/CampgroundMap/index.html

3. Ewilkfamily

Ewilkfamily
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, boater, for your response and website info; very helpful. We actually have a son who is a graduate of the wonderful program at Roosevelt Rehabilitation Institute. We found the area to be quite lovely when he was enrolled, and we promised ourselves we'd return to the area when we had time to take in all the sites.

4. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

Try F D Roosevelt State Park in Pine Mountain. They have several 50 amp sites and are close to all you want to see. Stay in Area 5 it is more capable of handling big rigs. We stay there every Memorial day weekend.

5. Ewilkfamily

Ewilkfamily
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mastercraft. I think that's what we'll do.