Anyone Know Of Any Singles Rv Parks In The Us?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by chrisssteeven, Feb 15, 2010.

1. chrisssteeven

chrisssteeven
    Expand Collapse

I am a 32 years old and I travel for my work and for pleasure in my Travel Trailer all over the US. I was wondering if anyone knew of any RV parks that kinda cater to RV'ers who are single and traveling

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I doubt there are any. I have found lots of campgrounds that don't even allow singles to stay there. With so many people, like you, that travel for their work I see that more are allowing singles but don't cater to them because "singles like to party too much". We have had quite a few singles stay here and many that are married but, because they travel for work, their spouses are not here. We have never had a problem with those people being here. I wish you luck in your travels.

3. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Feb 16 2010, 08:11 AM) [snapback]20956[/snapback]

Unfortunately I doubt there are any. I have found lots of campgrounds that don't even allow singles to stay there. With so many people, like you, that travel for their work I see that more are allowing singles but don't cater to them because "singles like to party too much". We have had quite a few singles stay here and many that are married but, because they travel for work, their spouses are not here. We have never had a problem with those people being here. I wish you luck in your travels.

We have been on the road since 2002. We have never encountered a campground or RV park that did not allow singles. In about half the states in the country, housing discrimination based on marital status is illegal.

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

It may be illegal but my parents live at one that is that way. I also have a camper here that will be moving to another state for his job. This man is very quiet, well mannered and easiest campers I have had to deal with in my job. He wants to take his RV with him and can't find a campground that will allow him in it because he is under 55 years of age.

5. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

I would think any college town with a campground might suffice. There would be many coed activities in the area.

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Over 55 is a legally protected class like minorities, handicapped, ETC. Single is not. There are rules that have to be met for being a 55+ establishment and we have loads of them here in Florida.

7. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

8. NorthernIllinoisPlumber

NorthernIllinoisPlumber
    Expand Collapse

9. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk
    Expand Collapse

Lo-Hi Ranch in Deming NM is the headquarters for Loners on Wheels, a RVer's single club. While not restricted to singles only I would suspect a lot of campers there are single.

10. Donald B

Donald B
    Expand Collapse

According to my knowledge: Loners on Wheels (LOW) — support and companionship for RVing singles.