Anyone Live In A House/ Rv Port Community ?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jmo, Aug 24, 2006.

1. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Wondering about personal experiences.

Kate

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Kate,

Look at The Great Outdoors RV Nature & Golf Resort at Titusville. FL. This place has houses, RV ports, and pads sites. We have used the ports a couple times and like setup well. Some ports have day rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and Bar-Q pits. This place also has houses that you park a 45 ft motorhome, three cars, and golf cart all inside. Houses are very nice and high dollar item.

3. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks John. Have not been there yet but they sent me info and a tape. All these places are darn pricey! I want travel money too :)

Might need to build a house with enclosed garage for MH...I'm sure that wouldn't be pricey...ha... but allow more location flexibility.

Kate

4. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

The Great Outdoors is VERY pricey and they have the attitude to go with it. We camped there when they first opened many years ago with our camping club . We were camping in a pop-up at the time - several of us arrived after dark and set up in the "rally" area (a/k/a a big old grassy field). The next day we were informed that we had "snuck in" and they don't usually accept pop-ups, but since we were already there, we could stay. They never mentioned any such restrictions when our club leader made the reservations. Needless to say, we've never been back and never will - despite the fact that we live very near there. Great place if you like snobs. Oh - and watch out for alligators.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Kate,

Yes, you can build a house with side for motorhome in some places. In our case we have a 40 x 60 steel building with full hookups inside very close to our home. The cost was around $40K and we use the build to store other items. You could live in the other side if you wish. Our build has full insulation to help keep down the heat.

Yes, The Great Out Doors is a high dollar place and you will find most all owners have motorhomes in the 38 to 45 foot range. Lots of 45 foot busses parked in the house section. People in park and office have always been great to me. Last couple times over they give me jars of honey to eat. We try to go over couple times per year. The post is correct on popups, no popups or tents here.

Owners sale RV lots and RV houses all the time and you may wish to travel over and check it out for a couple days. You may like it, lots of deer and wild life walking around in park. Winter months place is full and in summer less people around.

6. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

John, we will be coming down at Christmas and check out Lakeland area and Outdoors in Titusville. We could and have considered building carport right here on our property in NC. Would have to match house and no metal but restrictions would not otherwise prohibit. BUT we want to downsize in a couple of years so expenditure makes no sense. We visited regular home community in Myrtle Beach where they allowed carport such as what I mentioned constructed. Owner said it cost him $15,000. 2000 sq ft house and mh-port were lovely. BUT hard to find and that got me thinking about full garage idea.

Boy your area has grown! I grew up in Miami, family in Tampa and Brandon was not part of Tampa :) We were down 2 years ago and stayed at Encore in Crystal River. Visited Tampa bayside (?) area and was a big football weekend (12/2004) so had a lot of fun kibitzing, eating and drinking.

Kate

7. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Mt Olive Shores North lovely. We will check out in December. I know it is an adult community and we have discussed. Would like to find a place where age is not too prohibitive or predominant...in either direction :)

We will just have to go and see these places for ourselves...can't wait!

Kate

8. lmudd

lmudd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jmo @ Sep 2 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]4998[/snapback]

John, we will be coming down at Christmas and check out Lakeland area and Outdoors in Titusville. We could and have considered building carport right here on our property in NC. Would have to match house and no metal but restrictions would not otherwise prohibit. BUT we want to downsize in a couple of years so expenditure makes no sense. We visited regular home community in Myrtle Beach where they allowed carport such as what I mentioned constructed. Owner said it cost him $15,000. 2000 sq ft house and mh-port were lovely. BUT hard to find and that got me thinking about full garage idea.

Boy your area has grown! I grew up in Miami, family in Tampa and Brandon was not part of Tampa :) We were down 2 years ago and stayed at Encore in Crystal River. Visited Tampa bayside (?) area and was a big football weekend (12/2004) so had a lot of fun kibitzing, eating and drinking.

Kate

9. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(lmudd @ Sep 5 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]5007[/snapback]

QUOTE(jmo @ Sep 2 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]4998[/snapback]

Kate

lmudd, it was a regular newish home community.

The Lakes at Plantation Pines. They do not advertise as allowing MH's but we saw RV/carport from the rear driving by on Hwy 9 going east. You would turn right at shopping center with big new bingo hall. We drove in and the guy was in his yard so spoke to him. He said 3 homeowners had built them and had to be to certain specs. The 3rd guy just parked MH side of house with no carport so was being sued by HOA. They are building a new phase now so they may not allow but Phase One is where these were built.

Its about a mile west of Hwy 17 and the Parkway. Officially it's in Longs SC I guess but basically North Myrtle Beach.

The realty handling is Coastal Shores Realty in Little River SC.

Have fun,

Kate

10. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

oldcutup, VERY nice...wish we were ready!

priced reasonable too.

good luck,

jmo/kate