Arizona Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RedBeard149, Nov 8, 2016.

1. RedBeard149

RedBeard149
    Expand Collapse

I have been looking at campground reviews around the Tucson area and seem to find a tendency towards small narrow sites, a 2 dog limit on pets and a wide variety of prices. We wanted to stay February in the Tucson area and March in the Phoenix area. We are first timers at this and have 3 medium sized Samoyed show dogs that go with my wife and I. We have a 2003 Monaco 36 foot motorhome. Didn't want to get cramped into a small space or find that 3 dogs weren't accepted. Any suggestions on where to stay?

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum RedBeard149 -

We travel in AZ and and can highly recommend you check out Gilbert Ray Campground that is just southwest of Tucson a few short miles. It is a great campground with electricity at the site and water spigots located throughout to fill your tank from as needed. The spaces are spaced far enough apart that you aren't right on top of your neighbors and there are walking trails and gorgeous sunsets. We've stayed there several times over the years and love the place. Lots to see and do nearby with the Old Tucson movie studios about 5 miles down the road and a nice little area with shops, a good market and some cafes and shops just a ways further down the same road. You are out in the desert with cactus all around but the interior roads are paved and easy to negotiate and the staff is great. You can' beat the price at only $20 a night but there is a 7 day stay limtiation and then you have to leave for a few days but can then return if you want to. There is a listing for this campground under RV parks & campgrounds in and around Tucson on this site with many reviews and information on it, etc. And I don't think you'd have any problems with your three dogs. Give it a look and decide for yourself....................

Make sure and do a review on the parks you do stay at and let the rest of us know your thoughts on them...............

Regards, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

Jason Goodwin likes this.