Back From New York City

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, just wanted to check in and let you know we are back from the Big Apple. Our flight got in around 8:15 last night, but by the time we got our luggage, caught the shuttle to our car and got home, it was after 10:00. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get out of NYC at all yesterday. Torrential rains, low visibility and bad weather all across the country were keeping planes from coming in, therefore the planes weren't there to send out again. Our 3:30 flight ended up taking off at 6:40 - but we were lucky because a lot of flights were getting cancelled. We did all the touristy things - went to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Times Square, Empire State Building, etc. We also went and saw where they twin towers of the World Trade Center had stood. On Sunday, we drove to upstate NY, where Greg had grown up. We found his childhood home and took pics for his parents. We also went to Woodstock, which is only about 10 miles from there. On the way back to the city, we took the scenic route along the Hudson River and stopped in Hyde Park at the Vanderbilt Mansion. Greg goes there frequently on business but this was my first trip. I guess I am too much of a "country girl" - didn't care much for all the noise and crowds. Well, just wanted to drop in and say hello.......

2. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see that you enjoyed the trip and made it back home safely.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl & Gregg,

Glad to hear you both are home safe and sound. The city can be a little much, We do not go to the city, we like the wide open spaces, the forest, mountains, and the somewhat cleaner air. So much for the Big Apple !!!