Baton Rouge Area Rv Resorts

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by MarcyA, Sep 5, 2006.

1. MarcyA

MarcyA
    Expand Collapse

We will be traveling from Texas to LSU game to tailgate in our RV. Since we will be arriving a day earlier than allowed for access to the onsite parking, we are looking for a nice RV park in the Baton Rouge area. I realize that many may still be providing services to Katrina survivors, but perhaps some new parks have been built that are not advertised online? We have a 32' motorhome with 2 slides and 2 kids. Just want a really nice overnight spot. Price isn't a problem. Thanks!

2. Friz

Friz
    Expand Collapse

If you can't find anything in Baton Rouge, the city of Baker, just north of B.R., has a nice RV parking area w/ elec & water. Also a nice park with jogging trail. (Limited bathroom facilities.) Behind the police station.

Baker (Hwy 19) exit off I-110. 1 blk N. of Groom Rd

... friz

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We have used Cajun Country Campground in Port Allen across the river from BR (Red Stick). Park is ten mins from LSU. You cross the river them take the first exit south and stadium is couple miles south of I-10.

Park is Good Sams and has some 50 amps sites, gravel roads, all 77 sites are also gravel with 52 pull-thrus. This park is OK for a short time, week or less. Staff was nice, food in town was great, you may pick up some road noise off I-10.

I would call and see if park had any damage due to storm but I do not think so. Long ways to the coast.

800-264-8554