Best Campground In Pigeon Forge Area

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by sorichard, Mar 21, 2006.

1. sorichard

sorichard
    Expand Collapse

hello,

my family and i is planning a vacation to pigeon forge & gatlinburg this june.
    i am having a hard time deciding on a campground. i have 2 children, we will be in a 38' double-slide motorhome with a tow. i want a campground that is not too crowded, sites not on top of each other and would like to on water. i have read alot of good post on twin mountain rv resort, tremont hills, jellystone park and the outdoor resorts. does anyone know or have been to any of these parks? which is highly recommended? any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
    stacey

2. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

The Jellystone is great - but it is tight. For a 38' & a tow you will want reservations asap. There are 3 streams that run through the park that are awesome to fall asleep to at night. It's a little far from Pigeon Forge (20 minutes) - but it is convenient to Gatlinburg.

3. Yorkieluvr

Yorkieluvr
    Expand Collapse

Hello all!

This is my very first post and I am so glad to find this site! It's so nice to know there's a place to come to get a "real" review of campgrounds. We've used Woodalls for years and it's been pretty dependable, but it's good to get first hand information from people who have actually experienced these places.

I'm so glad you asked about campgrounds in East Tennessee - we're headed up that way in July and I've been looking closely at Tremont. Of all the ones in that area, it looks like they may have the widest sites. We have a 31' with 2 slides so a 20' site won't work too well for us either. If anyone has suggestions or advice, please speak up. There's nothing worse than getting to someplace and realizing it's all wrong for you! We only get so much vacation a year and we don't want to "waste" it!

Thanks everyone!