Best Route To Surry, Va From South Of Richmond?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by CDB, Mar 24, 2010.

1. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

We'll be staying at Chippokes Plantation State Park in a few months, coming up on I-95 from South Carolina. Looking at a map I see that before getting to Richmond, VA there are a number of smaller state roads that wind over to Surry, VA and Chippokes. What is the best, that is quickest and most straighforward route to take?

We'll be towing a 31' travel trailer and need 10' of clearance. Twisting roads and steep grades are not a problem. Good scenery is always a plus.

Thanks,
    Christopher

2. grim509

grim509
    Expand Collapse

We stayed down there last year, but came from the north. If I remember right, we came off 295 and took 10 right into Surry then to Chippokes, but can't say for sure. I do remember some of it was a nice drive, some of it was just ok. You will enjoy the state park! Also, the Jamestown ferry comes right into Surry for a quick run into Williamsburg!

3. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

Wow! At long last a reply! I've posted this question on several different websites with no response for a very long time. Thanks for filling me in.

I know about the ferry across the river. In fact, having seen that no RV park in Williamsburg gets rave reviews, driving a little extra and crossing the river to stay at the State Park seemed like the way to go.

Christopher