Best Route

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by MelindaK, Aug 25, 2010.

1. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

Anyone out there have a suggestion once I get back to interstate 80 in Wyoming on how to go over to Moab to see the Arches. I am pulling a 30ft travel trailer and would like to avoid any passes.

Melinda

2. Trailer Park Casanova

Trailer Park Casanova
    Expand Collapse

OH brother, their are some nasty passes ya really want to avoid.
    We just rolled through there this past spring.

All I can recommend is stay on Highway I 15 as much as you possibly can and you'll be slap-happy.

Nice to pass through Jackson and drop down from there, but the passes are very steep and murder on your rig and nerves.
    If we did it again towing or in a MoHo I'd skip the Tetons routes entirely and stay on the I 15.

We did the Rally on the Rocks in Moab and it was off-the-hook fun.

3. MelindaK

MelindaK
    Expand Collapse

The plan right now is to take 80 from Wyoming over to I 15 then cut across on US 6 E to I 70 and then down 191 to Moab. The passes you are referring to were they on US 6 E? If I stay on I 15 all the way to I 70 seems like I am going way out of the way, but I do want to avoid any passes.

Melinda

QUOTE(Trailer Park Casanova @ Aug 28 2010, 07:21 AM) [snapback]23795[/snapback]

OH brother, their are some nasty passes ya really want to avoid.
    We just rolled through there this past spring.

All I can recommend is stay on Highway I 15 as much as you possibly can and you'll be slap-happy.

Nice to pass through Jackson and drop down from there, but the passes are very steep and murder on your rig and nerves.
    If we did it again towing or in a MoHo I'd skip the Tetons routes entirely and stay on the I 15.

We did the Rally on the Rocks in Moab and it was off-the-hook fun.

4. Trailer Park Casanova

Trailer Park Casanova
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(MelindaK @ Aug 28 2010, 10:52 PM) [snapback]23814[/snapback]

The plan right now is to take 80 from Wyoming over to I 15 then cut across on US 6 E to I 70 and then down 191 to Moab. The passes you are referring to were they on US 6 E? If I stay on I 15 all the way to I 70 seems like I am going way out of the way, but I do want to avoid any passes.

Melinda

Yep,,, that's the correct route.
    We did it 3 years ago and you'll be better off compared to other routes.
    It is probably the most breathtaking and beautiful drive in the world.
    The I 70 is about as good a knock-out scenery as it gets.

This past trip we took a few weeks ago we dropped down from Yellowstone South on the 89 thru the Grand Tetons,, and it was a tough go from South of Jackson to Brigham City. Just murder for a big RV rig.