Best Rv Parks In Galveston?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Heather Brown, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Heather Brown

Heather Brown
    Expand Collapse

[/b]I was planning on relocating to Galveston and want to know the best RV parks there. Its just me and my dog so Im kinda worried about safety also. I really dont care to have a bunch of drunk partygoers around. I want a clean nice place with friendly owners as I want to put my travel trailor there permanantly.

2. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

Our favorite park in the Galveston area is the Galveston Island State Park, just outside of town to the south on Seawall Drive. It is a really nice park, just off of the beach and well cared for. They do not have sewer, just water & electric but there is a readily available dump station.

3. Heather Brown

Heather Brown
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Kirk @ Jun 26 2009, 06:59 PM) [snapback]17145[/snapback]

Our favorite park in the Galveston area is the Galveston Island State Park, just outside of town to the south on Seawall Drive. It is a really nice park, just off of the beach and well cared for. They do not have sewer, just water & electric but there is a readily available dump station.

Thanks for answering me, I wasnt sure anyone actually would. Have you heard anything about the Jamaica RV Park? The one you speak of sounds great but I definatley dont know how to dump sewer. Im new to this and am still looking at travel trailors. Im not exactly sure what to get there and dont know the towing capacity of my truck either. Its a bit confusing to me but Im willing to learn.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Hi Heather,

Never having stayed in any of the RV parks in the Galveston area, I can't help you with your request. I do however have some suggestions for your next post. One of the problems with questions like yours is that you are not giving us enough information concerning your wants and needs. For example, you NEED a sewer becaue you want to park your trailer there permanently. Do you WANT cable, a pool, etc. Otherwise well intentioned people will be recommending parks that do not suite your wants and needs. Secondly, you really should do a little research on your own by checking out the reviews on this site for the RV parks in the Galveston area. Most of the reviews will show a website for the various parks. This should help you narrow things down. Through the websites you can contact the various parks by phone or e-mail to find out whether of not they even take customers for extended periods. If they can not accomodate the lenght of your stay, you may have to look at actual trailer parks as opposed to RV parks. Some places serve both.

So, do some homework and then get back with your questions.

Hi Heather,

Never having stayed in any of the RV parks in the Galveston area, I can't help you with your request. I do however have some suggestions for your next post. One of the problems with questions like yours is that you are not giving us enough information concerning your wants and needs. For example, you NEED a sewer becaue you want to park your trailer there permanently. Do you WANT cable, a pool, etc. Otherwise well intentioned people will be recommending parks that do not suite your wants and needs. Secondly, you really should do a little research on your own by checking out the reviews on this site for the RV parks in the Galveston area. Most of the reviews will show a website for the various parks. This should help you narrow things down. Through the websites you can contact the various parks by phone or e-mail to find out whether of not they even take customers for extended periods. If they can not accomodate the lenght of your stay, you may have to look at actual trailer parks as opposed to RV parks. Some places serve both.

So, do some homework and then get back with your questions.

5. DrummersMom

DrummersMom
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Heather Brown @ Jun 25 2009, 05:26 PM) [snapback]17115[/snapback]

[/b]I was planning on relocating to Galveston and want to know the best RV parks there. Its just me and my dog so Im kinda worried about safety also. I really dont care to have a bunch of drunk partygoers around. I want a clean nice place with friendly owners as I want to put my travel trailor there permanantly.

I stayed at Jamaica Beach the first week pf June. It was crowded, sites too close & the management was less than tenative. I'm from Florida where the beaches are whiter than white and did not like the beaches. Dirty!

6. andyb891

andyb891
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if you still need information on the Galveston area campgrounds. We just gont back from a week at Jamaica Beach RV park. The park is neat, clean, well run, and quiet. It seem like a mix of families, saw a lot of kids, but it was very quiet. The beach is across the road, very quiet and laid back. Theres no question of where we will go the next time we go to Galveston.