Best Rv Up To 25 Feet And Where To Rent?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by voodooray, Jan 22, 2009.

1. voodooray

voodooray
    Expand Collapse

Folks

What would most luxurious 25 footer to rent? I was looking at a Winnebago View possibly. I have tried searching on the web but most luxury RV's are of the larger 30 foot + variety.

Can anyone recommend a rental company in Florida that offers high end smaller RVs?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Steve,

I noticed that you have not recieved any responses to your question. I may be wrong, but I think one reason may be your use of the terms "luxurious" and "high end" in reference to small (

3. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

We have friends who bought a very nice and very expensive Class B motorhome, that I believe is 22 or 23 feet long. It is the new Pleasureway. If you look on the back page of the Good Sam Club Highways magazine for December 2008, their model is depicted on the back page, bottom right. It's the model with all the tinted glass windows. Theirs has a fancy leather and wood interior, with beautiful curved cabinets. They bought it in Florida, so you can probably find a rental down there. I think Airstream also makes a high-end small motorhome. Good luck.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Maine Don,

I think you may be a bit overly optimistic about finding a Pleasureway for rent in Florida. I did a cursory search of Florida RV rentals and found none listing Pleasureways for rent. I found only one company showing a View (mentioned by Steve) for rent.

Steve,

I "googled" "Forida RV rental" for the information I mentioned above. In addition to national chanins Cruise America and El Monte, it led me to a number of local rental companies. The information I saw there educated me a bit about RV rentals. Just for starters: a small (standard) Class C will run a bout $1,000 a week, a larger Class C or Class B+ (like the View) run $1,500, and so on as the RV value rises. Those really high-end 40 footer can fetch $15 to 20 thousand a week. So, once you go above the standard, small (22-25') Class C, your are foing to be paying at least an extra $1,500 for your 3 week trip. Those companies that have one way rentals also charge several hundred dollars for that privelege. Unless money is not a factor, a small Class C is the way to go. You will pay an expensive premium for anything bigger (30') or better (a nice Class B+ like the View, for example). Just remeber - just because a certain type of RV is manufactured, does not mean that type is available for rent in a specific area (such as Miami). Your best bet is to research Florida rentals and see what they have to offer and then decide if what they have available meets your needs and budget.

Again, good luck.

5. voodooray

voodooray
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice.

I made a booking today for a Fleetwood Tiago Ranger 25 foot with slide out. Whilst it might not have a whirlpool or helicopter pad it seems to be comfortable enough and I liked the video on their website! Importantly it's a manageable size for me being a first time RV driver.

Steve