Beverly Beach, Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by f94, Jun 3, 2007.

1. f94

f94
    Expand Collapse

When we stayed at Beverly Beach in July of 2005 the beach sand consistancy had changed from the way it was in previous years. In 2005 the sand, which has a high content of small shell pieces, was so loose and soft that walking was very difficult even at the water's edge. We were told that a hurricane came through the area in '04 and that's when the change took place.

Has anyone stayed there recently ('07) ................. Has the beach regained it's firm pack?

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I live about three miles from the Beverly Beach Campground and we have stayed there several times. The beach sand changes almost from day to day, depending on the weather. If we have rough northeasterly seas, the sand becomes red and very difficult to walk on. If we don't have northeasterly seas, the sand is a beige color and easy to walk on. It can change from day to day. But, if you like an oceanfront site, and I mean with your coach or trailer literally hanging right over the beach, this is the place for you, regardless of the type of sand you might encounter on a specific day or week. Hope this helps.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Is Beverly Beach on the Gulf or Ocean side of the state?

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

No, the other side, on the Atlantic. :D

5. f94

f94
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Beastdriver We'll be staying at BB for the month of July. This will be our third July there and are looking forward to being there once again, soft sand or whatever.

Last summer we spent a week in another Beverly Beach ................... Oregon State Park that is :)

6. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I looked for reviews, and didn't see any thing for Beverly Beach. What town is it located under?

7. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl: Look under Flagler Beach, Florida.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Beastdriver. I see it is just north of Daytona. How are the water temperatures in October?

9. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Water temperatures are usually pretty warm until about late December or early January, then they start getting a bit cold.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again! We're hoping to get away for a week in October, celebrating our 25th. We like Myrtle Beach, but I think the water there will be a bit cold by October.

11. SCCAEV

SCCAEV
    Expand Collapse

Cool place to stay! My wife and I along with several of our friends stayed at beverly beach in Dec of 06 the beach was firm but showed signs of erosion. We loved it no matter what and we will be back this Christmas again. hope to see everyone there. John