Black Frorest Family Camping Resort In Brevard Nc

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by 5campers, Jun 12, 2007.

1. 5campers

5campers
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone camped at this campground? It has good reviews from Trailer Life and sounds like a place we would like to visit, but I haven't found any reviews on this website. Thanks.

The correct spelling is Black Forest Family Camping Resort in Brevard NC

2. 5happycampers

5happycampers
    Expand Collapse

All I can tell you is that some people have an "issue" with them, including myself.
    We toured several campgrounds in that area to see where we would like to go camping.
    Everyone was accomodating and allowed us to drive thru their campground. Look for sites we liked, etc. Except for Black Forest. From what I have read elsewhere, and from our experience, they will not allow you to set foot in the campground unless you are camping there. If you don't have a reservation, you will be turned away. The owners attitude was very unfriendly and inflexible.

Makes me wonder just what they are hiding that they will not allow you to step foot in the campground? With that and their attitude, I wouldnt stay there.

Just my experience.

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

If you want to go to Brevard, you have two excellent choices. The Davidson River CG is a federal one in the Pisgah Forest. No hookups (well, there are 2 with elec and one with full - and during the winter you can find more when there aren't as many hosts staying) - fill your water when you pull in, and there are several taps in each loop. I don't mind not having elec because you don't need the A/C. We were there last week and the day temp was 75-80, nights about 55-60. The sites are large and shady, bathrooms reasonably clean for their age. The river is trout stocked, and by the campground there are no restrictions from April-October on lures are catch size and amount. Plenty of places to swim and tube in the frigid water. Wal-Mart and Bi-Lo about 4 miles away, plus a lot of other things (waterfalls, plenty of trails, Blue Ridge Parkway). Made 3 trips there this year alone.

If you can't do without hookups, there's Cascade Lake CG (about 10 miles back towards Hendersonville). The have full sites right on the water. I've never stayed there, but the friendly staff has let me drive through several times. Some sites would be hard for big rigs, but plenty that wouldn't (though you would have some sharp turns getting to them).

Hope that helps - Brevard is a beautiful area.