Blue Heron Cg, Cotter, Ar, Not If You Have Pets

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by neoflyer, Jun 11, 2012.

1. neoflyer

neoflyer
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the Blue Heron Campgrounds in Cotter, AR over the Memorial Day weekend plus four more nights. Had paid for reservations. They are on the White River almost under the high Hwy. 62 bridge. When we arrived the owner immediately told us pets are not allowed at the river.

Now their website says "Pets are not allowed in the tent camping/picnic area along the river. You may walk them in designated areas." It doesn't say they are not allowed at the river at all. The camping/picnic area seems to border about 100 yards of the 300 or more yards the park has along the river. I have a labrador retriever and she wants to swim. If there had of been any place else to go I would have forfeited my money and turned around and left but it was a holiday. The "designated area" for walking was not defined until we arrived.

So, I suggest if you have pets, especially water dogs, or don't like constant road noise, dust from their unpaved campground roads or would like television hook-ups you probably want to look elsewhere.