Breakfast

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Lucille Moulton, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Lucille Moulton

Lucille Moulton
    Expand Collapse

Here is away to make your breakfast. Now wife can stay in bed while husband make breakfast.
    go to www.herringtoncatalog.com #H637 for 4 slice Muffin Man or #H157 for a 2 slice Muffin Man Black. H638 Stainless Steel 2 slice.

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 5 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]14342[/snapback]

Here is away to make your breakfast. Now wife can stay in bed while husband make breakfast.
    go to www.herringtoncatalog.com #H637 for 4 slice Muffin Man or #H157 for a 2 slice Muffin Man Black. H638 Stainless Steel 2 slice.

Nice try - ain't gonna happen! :p

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

On weekends and when we are camping, my wife only does lunches (which is nothing more than sandwiches and chips). I do all the breakfasts and suppers. Tonight we head to a state park. Supper tonight will be easy - hamburgers on the fire. Tomorrow I will be doing peachy french toast (using dutch oven and firepit) for breakfast, and am doing a whole chicken on a spit for supper. She will do our lunches this weekend - have packed the bread, ham, lettuce, and PB&J.

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Actually, I prefer breakfast burritos. All leftovers go with scrambled eggs and a tortilla.

But the real issue, Lucille is that you haven’t gotten him properly trained. My wife has been sleeping in for 20 years. :D

5. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

When it is just my family camping, we keep breakfast as simple as possible... cereal, bagels, etc. Lunch many times is similar, just sandwiches. We have gotten to the point where we try to keep meals simple, except for fancier dinners. This cuts way down on prep time and especially cleanup time.

With other families, we will make big breakfasts -- eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, etc. Lunch is usually simple, but dinner we will go all out -- appetizers, then ham, roasts, pork, bowls of pasta, big salads, etc.. With a lot of people helping out, even cleanup is quick.

I have seen those breakfast sandwich cookers. Has anyone here actually used them? Are they simple and quick? and easy to cleanup?

6. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

I have stuck to tradition when it comes to breakfasts...ever since I was a kid camping I've had those little mini boxes of cereal. I remember fighting with my siblings as to who would get the good sugar cereals and who is the loser and gets stuck with Special K or Raisin Bran. Now, I get to hored them all, LOL!!!

There is nothing better than the smell of bacon, eggs and coffee while camping. But, since I don't eat or drink any of those things, I have to rely on other campers to supply the smell. :)