Bristol Motor Speedway

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gohogs34, Mar 6, 2006.

1. gohogs34

gohogs34
    Expand Collapse

Just got tickets to Bristol Motor Speedway and will be going March 26,06. I have never been only watched on TV. Does anyone have any input as far as what to take into the race, cooler, cushions, ect.... We will be camping in a small town called Elizebethtown for only $17.00 nite (I believe that is how to spell it). We will then travel to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for the week. We will be staying at Clabough's and just bough us a new 31' RV. We went from a 21' toyota Dolphin to this BIG boy.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Earplugs!

Welcome to the site! Have fun here AND at the race.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Gohogs: You should call Bristol Speedway for a list of what they will and will not allow. Since 9/11, most Nascar tracks have instituted certain restrictions, i. e., the size of the cooler, whether or not cushions will be allowed and what size, and what else you can take to the track. Each one is different. Better to call ahead than to be stopped and the gate!

4. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

Be prepared for traffic. I have never seen so many rvs on the road than when Bristol let out. I was traveling the other direction and just pulled into a rest stop since I knew the other side of the line would be just as bad. I counted at least 1000 rvs most class a's before giving up and the back up was miles and miles long just not moving. We wached tv and waited a few hours and then left and had a wonderful trip home.