Buckhorn Lake Resort In Kerrville...need Opinions!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by happy-go-lucky, Feb 24, 2006.

1. happy-go-lucky

happy-go-lucky
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone. I would like to know if anyone who has ever been to Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville? If so, please respond and let me know what you thought. We are big campers and have 2 boys and 1 girl. My mom and sister/brother-in-law also camp with us quite a bit (2 trailers!) and we thought about going to Buckhorn Resort for Memorial Weekend. It looks pretty neat on the website but really wanted to hear from those of you who have actually been there. Sometimes places look great online and really aren't when you get there. Any comments are greatly appreciated!! :D

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Happy Go Lucky: If you will look under Texas, then Kerrville, on the RV Park Reviews section of this website, you will find twenty-one (21) reviews of this park.

3. happy-go-lucky

happy-go-lucky
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I appreciate the advice.

4. EssexBob

EssexBob
    Expand Collapse

I was recently (January) at Buckhorn.....fabulous place. We arrived, after driving from Tucson, and were greeted warmly, given a lovely site, directed to the Irish Pub Restaurant (on site), walked our dog, ate, showered, relaxed, and swore we'd return our next trip out.

We will return in July, and could not think of a nicer place to spend some time. There is a river, premium spots on the river, but don't feel cheated if you don't get them. The whole park is great. Clean, neat, friendly.

Have a safe trip.

5. jshog

jshog
    Expand Collapse

happygolucky;

We stayed here january of 2006. Great place. Good pub and very friendly staff. Great socials. Stream and nice play area. More for adults than kids iun my opinion. also site for sale are best value we have seen. If our home (oregon) was not so far away we would have leased permanently).

6. engrpat

engrpat
    Expand Collapse

We were at Buckhorn just last week for the first time. Loved it....in fact before we left we made our reservations for the week of July 4. If you can go I would say go!