Building New RV Park Theodore Alabama

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by offgridman, Jan 20, 2006.

1. offgridman

offgridman
    Expand Collapse

I am building a new RV Park in Theodore Alabama five minutes from I 10 At the intersection of Hayfield Rd and Old Pascagoula Rd. I plan on being and overnighter type park with showers and restrooms (clean ones). I plan on having several 70X35 ft pull throughs and offering a cheap first night rate for travelers. Seems to me this is my best option to get you guys to try our park. I was thinking of offering Drycamping or boondocking rates also but AC is needed here 9 months out of the year. I have installed a two inch city water main already to service the park ( 68 sites when finished) I have some tree shaded sites and some open sites and have and area well away from road noise for my customers. I have and old house that I was thinking of renovating for a computer area with a loaner desktop computer. I have already installed Wireless internet with one repeater and will add more access points through the park as needed for decent coverage of the park. I plan on offering the internet for free for the time being. I also have city sewer at the site. Any tips or pointers you guys have for me would be appreciated. I plan on a 35ft wide sites and thought I might have a few late night connections out front to allow late arrivals to just pull in and connect after hours with a drop box for payment.
    Azalea RV Park is the name. We are building the web site now.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
    Azalearv@mchsi.com

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I would suggest that you scroll down the topics on this site's Campground Discussion Forum to a post started in March of 2004 by "Rockerpeople." In this post, this person stated they were building a new RV park and asked for input from readers of this site. Suggestions run five pages long and you will likely find most of your questions answered therein. Good luck!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

4. Blackhawk19

Blackhawk19
    Expand Collapse

If you plan on being an overnighter, look at having quite a few pull thrus. A friendly helpful staff is a must.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Happy to see you have set up a nice park in Theodore. Lot of nice places to see around this place. The last time we stopped off in Theodore, park was a mess. More cows than RV people.

You have all the best parts we look for in a park. Free WiFi, we like that also. I hope this all works out well. Mobile has needed a good RV park for years now. Thousands of RV people travel east and west on I-10 every month of the year.