Cachuma Lake, Central Califronia

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Bordercollie, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Bordercollie

Bordercollie
    Expand Collapse

Just returned from 5 days at Cachuma. Our family has been camping there for 40+ years. We were disappointed this year by lack of patrolling and enforcement of behavior rules. There were large groups of "homies" and drug gang types in tents that trucked in large sound systems and played "ghetto" music loudly all day, and kept everybody awake well past midnight with loud talking, laughing and screaming and liberal use of the "F" word. Cachuma has always been a sedate and peaceful family oriented facility in the past. It seemed that park personnel and local police are now afraid to confront such groups, they claim they are understaffed. I over heard one shave-head drug gang type say that they live in the park for two weeks, go home for a week and come back for another two weeks, etc. Their small children played in the restroom all day. I am writing to the Santa Barbara Parks Commission to try and get some action

2. SunnyBlue

SunnyBlue
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bordercollie @ Jul 14 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]4583[/snapback]

Just returned from 5 days at Cachuma. Our family has been camping there for 40+ years. We were disappointed this year by lack of patrolling and enforcement of behavior rules. There were large groups of "homies" and drug gang types in tents that trucked in large sound systems and played "ghetto" music loudly all day, and kept everybody awake well past midnight with loud talking, laughing and screaming and liberal use of the "F" word. Cachuma has always been a sedate and peaceful family oriented facility in the past. It seemed that park personnel and local police are now afraid to confront such groups, they claim they are understaffed. I over heard one shave-head drug gang type say that they live in the park for two weeks, go home for a week and come back for another two weeks, etc. Their small children played in the restroom all day. I am writing to the Santa Barbara Parks Commission to try and get some action

Wow, what a shame! It has really gone down hill. :eek:

I hope that you do write to the Santa Barbara Parks Commission. I went to the Cachuma web site to try and find more information for you. As you may know their web site is: http://www.sbparks.org/DOCS/Cachuma.html You can contact the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Office too. Their web site is: http://www.sbsheriff.org/

This park needs to be cleaned up! The Sheriff's Office may be able to help you. At the least, the sheriff needs to be notified of your problem! :)

Hope this helps,

Tammy

3. lemi

lemi
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bordercollie @ Jul 14 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]4583[/snapback]