Camper Value

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mrs_truesdell, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mrs_truesdell

mrs_truesdell
    Expand Collapse

hi we have a 2005 32' travel trailor made by forrest river but there is no other name just made by forrest river. it is a fema trailor and we didnt know that when we bought it but it is a really nice trailor. using the nada book thing i cant find its value because it wants to know which camper it is that forrest river made. we paid 8500.00 for it. i just want to know how to find its true value

2. TENJUM

TENJUM
    Expand Collapse

:The FEMA trailers are not in the NADA book. They are quite plain, have 1 or 2 windows at most usually. They are worth what someone is willing to pay and that is it.
    Several Hundred more waiting and rotting in fields that were never put to use.
    Starvin Marvin - RV salesman QUOTE(mrs_truesdell @ Feb 2 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]10121[/snapback]

hi we have a 2005 32' travel trailor made by forrest river but there is no other name just made by forrest river. it is a fema trailor and we didnt know that when we bought it but it is a really nice trailor. using the nada book thing i cant find its value because it wants to know which camper it is that forrest river made. we paid 8500.00 for it. i just want to know how to find its true value

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

--------------------------
    Several Hundred more waiting and rotting in fields that were never put to use.
    Starvin Marvin - RV salesman

--------------------------

Really...? Where are these trailers parked?
    Sooo many folks who need shelter. Just read about cops having to roust 19 guys from living under bridges in Florida. Several have just pitched tents in the Everglades. Now these particular guys you don't want living next door...but a FEMA trailer villiage would be a vast improvement over their current situation. :ph34r:

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Tons of FEMA trailers sit in fields in AZ and no one in his right mind will make a bid on them. Trailers were build for Gulf Coast people who had no homes. Government people found out the trailers had the wrong type of insulation used to build them. Now people who live in them have been sick over this problem. The bottom line was how cheat can you build them. Now most will go to the recycle plant for scrape metal. Our government dollars at work and we all pay the bills for this mess. Also remember this type of unit was never made as an RV unit. No waters tanks, no 12 volt system, wrong toilet, wrong refrigerator, one road move only (plant to site), and others problems.

5. Silvana

Silvana
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mrs_truesdell @ Feb 2 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]10121[/snapback]

:huh: You might want to have your trailer inspected. It was just on the news that the fema trailers and mobile homes may be toxic. Since yours is a Forest River you might be ok, but I would defenatly look into it.

"More than two years after residents of FEMA trailers deployed along the Mississippi Gulf Coast began complaining of breathing difficulties, nosebleeds and persistent headaches, U.S. health officials announced Thursday that long-awaited government tests found potentially hazardous levels of toxic formaldehyde gas in both travel trailers and mobile homes provided by the agency.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, which requested the testing by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said it would work aggressively to relocate all residents of the temporary housing as soon as possible.

Levels of formaldehyde gas in 519 trailer and mobile homes tested by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Louisiana and Mississippi were — on average — about five times what people are exposed to in most modern homes, the CDC reported. In some trailers, the levels were nearly 40 times customary exposure levels, raising fears that residents could suffer respiratory problems and potentially other long-term health effects, it said." Quoted from MSNBC NEWS reporter M Bunker

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

This really upsets me that Forest River made the FEMA trailers and they are having all these problems. My RV is Forest River and I have been very happy with it! From what I remember of Government contracting (I am a retired Fed.....), some Fed failed to do an adequate "pre-award survey" and another Fed failed on "inspection" duties. Or else FEMA was pressured to "get them out quick."

Either way, blame should go back to FEMA.

JJ

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Silvana @ Feb 15 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]10279[/snapback]

:huh:
    Levels of formaldehyde gas in 519 trailer and mobile homes tested by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Louisiana and Mississippi were — on average — about five times what people are exposed to in most modern homes, the CDC reported. In some trailers, the levels were nearly 40 times customary exposure levels, raising fears that residents could suffer respiratory problems and potentially other long-term health effects, it said." Quoted from MSNBC NEWS reporter M Bunker

Good Grief :eek:
    Did they just use "formaldehyde foam" to craft these trailers for FEMA? Perhaps I'm naive on the chemical composition of insulation: trailers, RVs and homes...?

Are the formaldehyde based products just cheaper (therefore used for FEMA contracts) or is there some traditional "degassing" phase that was skipped in order to meet FEMA contract stipulations?