Campground Photos

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by johnwadams, Sep 20, 2010.

1. johnwadams

johnwadams
    Expand Collapse

Whittington Woods Campground, Whittington, Illinois
    Southwest part of state, just off I-57.
    [attachmentid=200]

[attachmentid=201][attachmentid=202]​

Attached Files:

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

These pictures, unfortunately do not speak at all. Is this a nice park with shaded sites, no trash and well maintained roads? Or is this a park where the sites are close together, too many trees to get a satellite signal and roads with overhanging branches? Honestly, I see absolutely nothing that would make me go there or stay away.

3. johnwadams

johnwadams
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Sep 20 2010, 03:37 PM) [snapback]24189[/snapback]

These pictures, unfortunately do not speak at all. Is this a nice park with shaded sites, no trash and well maintained roads? Or is this a park where the sites are close together, too many trees to get a satellite signal and roads with overhanging branches? Honestly, I see absolutely nothing that would make me go there or stay away.

These photos were intended to go along with the number of reviews already posted, most of which were a 9 or a 10. See posts at https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Illin...hittington.html

You will proably find all the words you wish to read.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I think the photos do show quite a bit; the roads appear to be good, the sites look fairly long and wide and clean with room for slides, and there are a lot of trees (therefore shade) none of which have low hanging branches. You can also easily see how close sites are to each other which is something that is not easily conveyed. What is "lots of room" to one person, may be "too close" to another. A picture removes the ambiguity. Of course there are many things the pictures may not show, but from them I can get an idea of what the camp looks like.

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

It would have been more useful, though, if the campground name were in the topic heading.

6. johnwadams

johnwadams
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denali @ Sep 20 2010, 07:36 PM) [snapback]24193[/snapback]

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.

It would have been more useful, though, if the campground name were in the topic heading.

My initial thought was to have each campgound or RV park under one topic, so they would all stay together. We normally take photo's of each park we stay at, but since "replies" are posted, the thread will become cluttered. I have posted some in the past with the name in the topic heading but I am not sure I could find those today. I wish the Campground list would allow a link to this forum when you review a park but i tried twice and the link was deleted by the moderators prior to the post hitting the web.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I think photos are a great part of RV'ing. We now have about 6,000 photos on our website and get a whole lot of fun by going through them together. You can also make a screen saver out of them. The pictures can prompt a lot of great memories. Digital cameras have revolutionized photos.