Campground Pictures

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by KentuckyCampin, Apr 12, 2009.

1. KentuckyCampin

KentuckyCampin
    Expand Collapse

I have an idea for a thread that I think would be really neat. I would like to see pictures of campgrounds where everyone has stayed. Kind of like a living scrapbook here online!! It would be neat to see all the different campgrounds and it may be nice for some people to see pictures of campgrounds they may be interested in staying in.
    Ill start it off with some pictures of Whittleton campground in Natural Bridge state park KY. Nice little campground. Dump station can be hard to get to, as it is across a small bridge going across the creek.
    This was with our Palomino Mustang pop-up. Put many a mile on this little pop-up!! Great first camper!!

Attached Files:

2. 2cats1dog

2cats1dog
    Expand Collapse

I like that idea. Here is a photo of a nice park we stayed in at Green River, Utah. Perhaps not real fancy, but grassy and shady which was important to us since it was very hot. The sites were large enough for our slide out and our awning. We'd stay there again.

Attached Files:

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

I like the simple state and federal parks with the roomy sites.

A chilly January morning view from our site at Dreher Island (Prosperity, SC)

[​IMG]

Davidson River (Brevard, NC) - enough room to play croquet behind the camper:

[​IMG]

Poinsett (Wedgefield, SC) - the view from our site (nice big field):

[​IMG]

4. KentuckyCampin

KentuckyCampin
    Expand Collapse

Wow!!
    Nice looking campgrounds!!!

5. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(KentuckyCampin @ Apr 12 2009, 06:09 PM) [snapback]15858[/snapback]

I have an idea for a thread that I think would be really neat. I would like to see pictures of campgrounds where everyone has stayed. Kind of like a living scrapbook here online!! It would be neat to see all the different campgrounds and it may be nice for some people to see pictures of campgrounds they may be interested in staying in.
    Ill start it off with some pictures of Whittleton campground in Natural Bridge state park KY. Nice little campground. Dump station can be hard to get to, as it is across a small bridge going across the creek.
    This was with our Palomino Mustang pop-up. Put many a mile on this little pop-up!! Great first camper!!

By any chance is this Shady Acres??? There aren't too many CGs in Green River, with this possibly being the best, although I prefer the SP. We've stayed here and thought it better than many we have stayed at in that part of the country. Interestesting review of it today, gave it a 2. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Although I love the idea of photos of the various parks, pictures add a huge amount of space and cost on the server. This is a free site and I suspect they surely don't need to be paying for a lot of photos (especially the large uncompressed types). I would suggest a link to a free photo site of which there are many instead of takig up the expensive space on this site;s server. This only adds a click and a few seconds to the user and lowers the cost for our hosts.

7. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 14 2009, 11:27 AM) [snapback]15874[/snapback]

Although I love the idea of photos of the various parks, pictures add a huge amount of space and cost on the server. This is a free site and I suspect they surely don't need to be paying for a lot of photos (especially the large uncompressed types). I would suggest a link to a free photo site of which there are many instead of takig up the expensive space on this site;s server. This only adds a click and a few seconds to the user and lowers the cost for our hosts.

What you say is true. However (and there is ALWAYS a however), my guess is very few people would go to another site. I would think that if the hosts preferred we not add pictures, they will tell us so.

8. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 14 2009, 12:27 PM) [snapback]15874[/snapback]

My pics are not on this server - if you right click on them, you will see that they are on a different server.

9. dodge guy

dodge guy
    Expand Collapse

Hello! here are some.

[​IMG]

The only pic I got from TimberLakes campground in northwestern IL.

[​IMG]

Fort Atkinson Jellystone in WI.

[​IMG]

Our view from our site at Horsethief Campground in Hillcity SD. :)

10. KentuckyCampin

KentuckyCampin
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 14 2009, 12:27 PM) [snapback]15874[/snapback]

I dont think the moderators mind. Because as a non-paying member, you can only post so many pictures. If you pay the monthly fee, $15, then you have the ability to post more pics. So everyone is limited to a certain amount that can be posted. I guess it is the way to keep us from posting too many pictures!! :p

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(KentuckyCampin @ Apr 14 2009, 04:38 PM) [snapback]15882[/snapback]

I dont think the moderators mind. Because as a non-paying member, you can only post so many pictures. If you pay the monthly fee, $15, then you have the ability to post more pics. So everyone is limited to a certain amount that can be posted. I guess it is the way to keep us from posting too many pictures!! :p

Kentucky, what "fee" are you talking about? I searched the help FAQ's and found nothing about any "monthly fee." Unless you are doing as Lindsay suggested, having your pictures on some other server that charges a monthly fee.

Speaking of Lindsay's point of "not creating costs for our hosts.....", I got told on another forum not to "quote" posts if your response is the very next post. So far, no one on this forum has had an issue with "quoting" posts......

JJ

12. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

If you go to your profile, one of the options on the left is "Purchase Paid Subscription". This gives you a "Photo Gallery and Travel Log" for $15/month, though there is no description on what all you get for that.

13. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

My pics are not on this server - if you right click on them, you will see that they are on a different server.

are you saying that when posting your photo, you actually posted a link to another photos site and the photo that appears to be on this site acutlaly isn't and does not added to the megs of data on this site? I am not an expert on this type of stuff, but I have about 3500 compressed photos (average about 50k) on my site and I have to pay $12/month. How do you do this?

14. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

They're just on one of my sites (yes, I pay for my sites), and when composing a message, if you click the insert image button (looks like a tree), it asks you for the url. Now if I try to type the code here, it will convert when the message posts, so I'll have to describe it. The code starts with img inside brackets, then the address of the image (for the top pic in my post, that would be http://www.nelsonstore.net/cgs/20080129_005.jpg) followed by /img inside of square brackets.

Anyway, just pointing out that my uncompressed pics aren't on campgroundreviews.com - when you load the page, it's using my space and bandwidth to display my pics. I can't speak for the others.

15. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Photo test sorry

[​IMG]

I suspect that this isn't going to work as my pictures on my site do not have a unique url. They are uploaded from my computer onto a page and are part of the total page. Please ignore this test.

16. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

LIndsay, LOVE the "Reflection" picture.

JJ

17. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

My wife has taken over 8500 pictures with our digital camera and that one is the best. Came at the start of our 2008 trip of a life time. It was in a park in the Florida panhandle (we say Lower Alabama) called Pine Glenn. They had a lot of rain and the ponds were very high. My wife saw this shot and had to photograph it. I was limping around having just gotten over my foot surgery. We went all the way to NW Washington state and never got a better picture ... Saw prettier sites, but never got a better picture. Now that I have successfully posted the picture I am thinking that I actually uploaded a copy it to the Review site and that it will increase the megs on their server. Hopefully the moderator will solve this mystery. I don’t know how to get word to them.

18. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Great thread KentuckyCampin ;)
    Here's one of our favorites in Astoria, Oregon. Lewis and Clark Golf and RV Park.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

19. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Apr 15 2009, 10:29 PM) [snapback]15903[/snapback]

Now that I have successfully posted the picture I am thinking that I actually uploaded a copy it to the Review site and that it will increase the megs on their server. Hopefully the moderator will solve this mystery. I don’t know how to get word to them.

No, you didn't - if you right click on the pic and get image url, it is http://www.linandnancy.com/sitebuilder/ima...pg7-383x269.jpg

20. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

A good way to test this to be sure would be to go back and delete the photo from the website and see if it is gone from this review website. That would determne for sure if the photo was uploaded or linked.